Oldtimers service what a joke !!

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
adventureboy

Oldtimers service what a joke !!

Post by adventureboy »

Ordered my nav lock from these jokers some 17 days ago and still nothing sent an email asking where it was got a reply saying "we have Carona here you know !! im fairly sure the Carona virus is affecting the whole world however since ordering from them i have managed to get
Plug lead puller from China
Akrapovic Exhaust from Austria
Side stand Enlarger from Poland
Fender extender from Germany

and Pannier and top box bags
Top box Lock
from England

There service is shocking im just hoping the remote lock is worth the 150Euros if not im sure ill have a fight on my hands getting a refund luckily I paid via paypal so have some assurance !!
Rob
kioolt
United States of America

Re: Oldtimers service what a joke !!

Post by kioolt »

I got quick service from Oldtimers.  Give them time.  The corona virus could actually be a legitimate excuse for this small company in Slovenia.
The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

adventureboy wrote: Ordered my nav lock from these jokers some 17 days ago and still nothing sent an email asking where it was got a reply saying "we have Carona here you know !! im fairly sure the Carona virus is affecting the whole world however since ordering from them i have managed to get

Top box Lock
from England

There service is shocking im just hoping the remote lock is worth the 150Euros if not im sure ill have a fight on my hands getting a refund luckily I paid via paypal so have some assurance !!
Rob

Same problem with Carparts4less. Waiting 2 weeks for some Meguires car shampoo. Dont answer emails. No communication possible. Order something off Amazon and can get next day delivery. Looked at Reviews and that should have told me.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

adventureboy wrote: Ordered my nav lock from these jokers some 17 days ago and still nothing sent an email asking where it was got a reply saying "we have Carona here you know !! im fairly sure the Carona virus is affecting the whole world however since ordering from them i have managed to get

Top box Lock
from England

Rob

You need to calm down on your ordering, you're spreading the virus 😉
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

These characters are taking orders they cannot fulfil with the limited staff or no staff they have.
If they were honest when you were ordering that would be ok but they are just getting money in to keep them afloat or to make a profit.
Nick Evans
Bike Model and Year: 2009 R1200RT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Post by Nick Evans »

First world problems eh?
wits
Bike Model and Year: RT 2018
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by wits »

I have ordered from Oldtimers, pre covid 19..... took about 2 weeks from order to arrival in the UK...Most of the delays were in the none Uk postal system... I found the company to be very helpful and with good timely communication.
This little virus has brought the transport infrastructure to its knees across Europe.....
side note.... wife was sent 2 nurses headbands first class post, from Coventry to Telford 45 miles, posted on a Friday arrived following Friday....
RT1200 LC 2018, Guzzi Breva 1100 2005 ...Now sold....
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Top box Lock
from England

Rob

You're so lucky!

A parcel posted in Dorset on 2nd May arrived in North London arrived on the 13th.

An additional problem is that OldTimers, which I suspect is a tiny operation, have started to supply Wunderlich with the SatNav locks.

It is worth the wait though.

Your white bike looks great - and better that some of the other weird colours for the RT.
John Bentall
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I ordered mine in Feb, it took 3 days from order to arrival. They were brilliant. I ordered something off a supposed UK company and have found its coming from the States, that was 3 weeks ago. I also posted some samples 1st class a few weeks ago, it took 10 days to arrive to an address in the UK. Did you actually ask them the question about supply etc before you paid via PayPal?
gadgetgaz
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by gadgetgaz »

I built my own for £7 using a car central locking actuator off Amazon. There are plenty of instructions on line if you are a DIYer and you can possibly cancel the order.
2023 R1205RT LE Sport Blue. Retired motorcycle cop now IT consultant and RoSPA RoADAR examiner.
ichavis
Bike Model and Year: 2014 BMW R1200RT
United States of America

Post by ichavis »

I have reduced expectations for shipping times for this crazy time.,  i have had things show up quickly and some take forever, no logic.  I ordered an R1200RT Navigator Lock system from Oldtimers.    I ordered mine several weeks ago and honestly did not expect it to arrive quickly.  My only observation is that they didnt send me the tracking number until i sent a email requesting it.  my lock should be here any day.  Old-timers has been fine by me.
2014 BMW R1200RT
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Its just weird how ive got stuff from all over the world and not from these people
and there broken English albeit better than my non existent Slovenian is far from friendly

the last email said it will be here tomorrow but I wont hold my breath !!
ichavis
Bike Model and Year: 2014 BMW R1200RT
United States of America

Post by ichavis »

I had to ask them for a tracking number since I had no idea of status.  Once that was sent I was at ease, i'd just ask them for the tracking # of you can see it for your self.  Mine should be here in the next few days..  Enjoy the lock when you get it!
2014 BMW R1200RT
Arek
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

Hi. Nippy Normans have the locks on stock. You don't have to order it from OldTimers anymore.
Price sort of the same.
https://www.nippynormans.com/r1250rt-2018-on/wunderlich-gps-security-for-the-rt-with-central-locking

Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

I bought mine a year or so back from Oldtimers. It has been perfect and I found them really friendly and helpful. As others have said, post times are pretty random at the mo.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk