Oldtimers service what a joke !!

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
RTeousJohn

Re: Oldtimers service what a joke !!

Post by RTeousJohn »

I bought one direct from Oldtimers in March and was delighted by quick service, so let’s hope this is simply a blip.  Unit was a doddle to fit, and works really well.

And if they can’t fulfil the order direct, Nippy Normans (who take pride in speedy delivery) list this now...[size=78%]https://www.nippynormans.com/r1250rt-2018-on/wunderlich-gps-security-for-the-rt-with-central-locking[/size]
Good luck
Attachments
804CAB7E-682F-4B5B-B3A9-401D7D4926E4.jpeg
R1250RT Red-Slate
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Hi Guys yes you guessed it Friday came and went no delivery contacted them again to get the same stroppy reply "we have covid you know" not good enough so I started demanding a refund or I would contact paypal and report it, They are now contacting there postal service on Monday to find out where this dammed thing is

it could be a blip with the post etc but why wait for me to demand my money back before starting to answer a question politely with an actual answer

First and last time I will use these people and I will spread the word on every forum I am a member of the service is shocking If I ran my business like this I would not have one anymore !! 
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Beagle wrote:
Same problem with Carparts4less. Waiting 2 weeks for some Meguires car shampoo. Dont answer emails. No communication possible. Order something off Amazon and can get next day delivery. Looked at Reviews and that should have told me.

Got an email off these people that said couldn't supply goods as no longer in stock at supplier.

why do they advertise goods they don't have or are not there, take your money then wait 2 weeks to answer your query. They've had my money for 2 weeks. Multiply this with thousands of others and they maintain their cashflow at our expense.

Got the items from Amazon, ordered on 15th delivered 16th with prime.
Last edited by Beagle on Sat May 16, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

They should follow this example on how to run an internet outlet.

https://youtu.be/WBFECG_kjPY
Last edited by MikeS on Sun May 17, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
organist

Post by organist »

I really wouldn't worry too much at this stage; I've ordered several things from Ebay and Amazon over the last few weeks and I have to say that delivery times are sporadic at best. Things which are advertised as UK stock often seem to take the longest. Also, it is my experience that many companies are advertising quick delivery times but actually have no way of fulfilling them.
BMW R1200RT (2007 vintage)
ichavis
Bike Model and Year: 2014 BMW R1200RT
United States of America

Post by ichavis »

My arrived yesterday,  although the package went to FL after arriving at JFK then alway back to New York where i live :)

all is installed and works ok.....  i am noticing increased linking indicators for the XM Radio.... as the antenna had to be remounted not sure what is going on... any one have this issue? and could share their experiences?

thanks Ira
2014 BMW R1200RT
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

ichavis wrote: My arrived yesterday,  although the package went to FL after arriving at JFK then alway back to New York where i live :)

all is installed and works ok.....  i am noticing increased linking indicators for the XM Radio.... as the antenna had to be remounted not sure what is going on... any one have this issue? and could share their experiences?

thanks Ira

Just a thought, you did order the lock that is for the xm radio, they have two versions, one for normal and one for those that have xm radio.
ichavis
Bike Model and Year: 2014 BMW R1200RT
United States of America

Post by ichavis »

Yeah,  it was the XM model,  From everything i can see,  it was installed properly,  maybe something that is interfering...the antenna is pointing straight ahead and the antenna wire is exiting straight backwards, i am not sure if turning the antenna a few degrees really matters.... i know im grabbing at straws :)
2014 BMW R1200RT
peltilelu
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2020
Finland

Post by peltilelu »

wits wrote: I have ordered from Oldtimers, pre covid 19..... took about 2 weeks from order to arrival in the UK...Most of the delays were in the none Uk postal system... I found the company to be very helpful and with good timely communication.
This little virus has brought the transport infrastructure to its knees across Europe.....
side note.... wife was sent 2 nurses headbands first class post, from Coventry to Telford 45 miles, posted on a Friday arrived following Friday....

I also received it in a week to Finland so thumbs up to Oldtimers. That part could now be available also from NippyNormans ;)

adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Finally arrived only took 21 working days !!
Shocking service great item easy to fit and works as it should but the service is horrendous
Rob
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

adventureboy wrote: Finally arrived only took 21 working days !!
Shocking service great item easy to fit and works as it should but the service is horrendous
Rob

Only 21 days! I should be so lucky, I've been waiting for a (non motorcycle) part from China for three months, PayPal will not give a refund as it might still be on it's way.
Sprintgull

Post by Sprintgull »

Rob
Can you see from the packaging where the delay was?  Did it get stuck in the post pipe?  Waiting for some UK eBay bits that have been shipped but seem to be having a rest somewhere on their journey.  We're only getting post 2 or 3 times a week.
oldtimers.si

Post by oldtimers.si »

Rob

Hi dear Rob Barron from Essex on  UK
we apologize again for the delay in delivery of the shipment.
as can be seen from the receipt we sent the shipment as soon as we received your payment
we are very happy that the shipment arrived to you despite COVID-19 and that you are satisfied with our product
we want you to stay healthy as well as your family

and many beautiful moments while driving your BMW-RT

Oldtimers TEAM,Matjaz

Attachments
proof of shipment Rob Barron Essex UK.JPG
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

[size=2px]What a gracious response from Oldtimers, when the delay would seem attributable to the various Postal Services.[/size]
John Bentall
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

beemerboy9 wrote: What a gracious response from Oldtimers, when the delay would seem attributable to the various Postal Services.[/size]

Yes, think that was good of them, the delay obviously wasn't down to them. I thought they were top, when I dealt with them.