Thinking of trading the RT for an RS talk me out of it ???

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
adventureboy

Thinking of trading the RT for an RS talk me out of it ???

Post by adventureboy »

Ive got my fully farkled 1200RT LE with everything it can have Stereo etc 2017 10K miles full BMW History full service less than 1000 miles ago Brand new tyres colour coded top box and wheels
theres nothing at all wrong with it and it does exactly what it shoud but Ive just got a 1200 RS Itch that I think needs to be scratched so come on guys tell me why I should not pull the trigger and make the change
The RS im looking at is a 2018 Sport SE with Top box no panniers so would have to get those its only donw 1100 miles so is like new and comes with 2 years BMW Warranty which ive just renewed on the RT at £38 per month

the RS is £1000 to swop ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_0456.jpg
Last edited by adventureboy on Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Thinking of trading the RT for an RS talk me out of it ???

Post by Casbar »

adventureboy wrote: Ive got my fully farkled 1200RT LE with everything it can have Stereo etc 2017 10K miles full BMW History full service less than 1000 miles ago Brand new tyres colour coded top box and wheels
theres nothing at all wrong with it and it does exactly what it shoud but Ive just got a 1200 RS Itch that I think needs to be scratched so come on guys tell me why I should not pull the trigger and make the change
The RS im looking at is a 2018 Sport SE with Top box no panniers so would have to get those its only donw 1100 miles so is like new and comes with 2 years BMW Warranty which ive just renewed on the RT at £38 per month

Just do it, you obviously want to, you can always buy another RT if you don't like it. Look at it this way at least you have all your for sale adverts on UKGSER you can re-instate.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

You're handing over £1000 for a lesser equipped bike that will depreciate more and has dodgy forks that dive when braking for a corner. We'll done, now go and stand in the corner of a circular room with that coned shaped hat on. Oh! And be sure to wear it with 'D' at the back so we can giggle at you 😁

Did that work?
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

LOL it was a great attempt
bandytales

Post by bandytales »

adventureboy wrote: ... so come on guys tell me why I should not pull the trigger and make the change .

How about the fact that when compared to the RT, the RS looks ugly and unfinished?
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

adventureboy wrote: Ive got my fully farkled 1200RT LE with everything it can have Stereo etc 2017 10K miles full BMW History full service less than 1000 miles ago Brand new tyres colour coded top box and wheels

If you want it and can afford it, why not?  I take it you've had a good test ride? I had one as a loan bike for a day and enjoyed it. The looks are a personal thing, somebody at work has an RS and thinks the RT is one of the ugliest bike he's seen (an opinion he didn't change after getting one for the day during a service).

beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

MikeS wrote:
If you want it and can afford it, why not?  I take it you've had a good test ride? I had one as a loan bike for a day and enjoyed it. The looks are a personal thing, somebody at work has an RS and thinks the RT is one of the ugliest bike he's seen (an opinion he didn't change after getting one for the day during a service).

It's jolly lucky that I can't see how ugly my bike is when I'm riding it.
John Bentall
Ed17
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ed17 »

IMHO: Keep the RT.
This is an emotional problem. Practically, the RT is the better bike, but funwise you should go for the RS.
Mind you, your pillion won't appreciate the new choice as far as my experience goes.
You have to figure out for yourself whether you let your brain take the decision or your heart.
Trust me, in the end the brain is always smarter ;-)
Ed.
..like pointing a finger away to the moon...don't concentrate on the finger!
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

The RS doesn't have telelever front end. Nuff said.
BobM

Post by BobM »

Hi,
    If you go on YouTube, look up Nothing to Prove, the guy does a 1000km review of the RS. Good luck.
BobM

Post by BobM »

Hi,
    BTW I forgot to mention that I thought this guys review was interesting because he`s the only one I`ve heard talking about vibration in the bars.
      Cheers.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Old-Git wrote: The RS doesn't have telelever front end. Nuff said.

Doesn't that just mean your front tyres won't cup :)
Yanto Maan

Post by Yanto Maan »

I have just traded my 1250R for an RT mainly as my wife rides pillion and there is just not enough room or comfort. The RS has exactly the same seat as the R so be warned your pillion wo n't like it as much. IMHO the R is more comfy than an RS and handles better. The luggage is also much smaller on Rs and R.