Open invite D-Day 2021 June 5th-12th

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
Easyrider5258
Been liked: 3 times

Open invite D-Day 2021 June 5th-12th

Post by Easyrider5258 »

For a number of years I have run a trip to Normandy for fellow bikermates in the BMW club and UKGSER and various other groups, last year over 65 bikes attended from the UK & Europe, Favorite ferry crossings are now open for booking (Portsmouth-Caen)

Apart from your own travel and accommodation costs there is no charge for this

The site will be open for reserving your accommodation very shortly

A copy - paste of general info below;

77th D-Day Anniversary June 5th-12th 2021

I'm organising a trip for next year (2021) for the 77th D-Day Anniversary, I did it for the 65th and 70th and 75th about 60 attend on average including some from UKGSER & the BMW Club  a good time was had by all.

The site is the same as the 65th and 70th & 75th Camp du Nacre https://www.sandaya.fr/nos-campings/cote-de-nacre

A good central place to base yourself for all the events and only a few miles from the Caen ferry port if you chose the Portsmouth - Caen route,

The location is Camp du Nacre at Saint-Aubin-sur-Mer and will offer camping pitches and chalets, pool, Bar and Restaurant on-site, and you may be pleased to know that children are more or less absent from the site at this time of year.

I will be there from 4th to 12th but you can book any duration you wish,

Travel, routes and ferries are up to you to arrange,

Booking on-line won't be available until the end of July/August 2020 The site will fill quickly up-to the end of this year so get in early to secure your accommodation or pitch. (Everything was full by November last year)

Booking can only be made by contacting the site directly on  0033 231971445

If you decide to go and have booked drop me a pm or post on the thread so I have an idea of names and numbers,

Hope to see you there

Mark
Last edited by Easyrider5258 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
East Anglia (Fenland)
Easyrider5258

Re: Open invite D-Day 2021 June 5th-12th

Post by Easyrider5258 »

Ferry crossings and accommodation at Camp Du Nacre are now both available for booking, recommend booking soon as site and ferries will fill quickly  :)

https://www.sandaya.fr/nos-campings/cote-de-nacre

East Anglia (Fenland)
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Ok Mark sounds really good i will look into booking up and keep you informed !!!! Russell
Easyrider5258

Post by Easyrider5258 »

Cheers Russell, look forward to seeing you over there  :)
East Anglia (Fenland)