Bob21's Twenty Twenty One's annual RT meet.

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Re: Bob21's Twenty Twenty One's annual RT meet.

Post by MikeS »

Didn't Dave (DaveCly) say that he would be joining the meet?
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: The list so far.

BoB21
David
MikeS
Markus (non-member)
simbo
michaelc2710
Sullivj
RTBoy
davef1uk

Where's Hammo & Beemerboy9? (John) and don't forget Scooter boy DC and Tim (GS) .. . John (GTR) will most probably be in attendance when I let him know about it  :)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

Looks like a go for July..:) 
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
Sullivj
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 21 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

The Advance rate for two nights has reduced to £159.  If you booked previously, you may want to cancel and re-book at the reduced rate.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Hello everyone,
Looks like the gods are giving their blessing, but please remember Wales is not England so different rules apply.
As previously stated open invitation to all forum members and friends. Option to stay only one or the two nights or even just attend ride out if local.
This years run will start at 9:00 am 10th July. Fools need to save the heavy drinking till the Saturday night, Bob21!!!!! :alas:
Will send the route out when final details ironed out.
The ride out is called "Two Devils Run". Due to nature of Brecon beacons this will take a different format to previous years as less stops in towns and more about riding in spectacular scenery with wonderful views and a more technical route. There will be a few photo /leg stretch breaks between stops so advise to bring a drink. We will be going up the Devils Staircase which in reality is only two hairpins, the road there is amazing. If anyone has issues with hairpins, I will provide a break off route but you may miss a lot of lake Brianne.
The route is 180/218 miles, 5 or 6 hours riding time. I have allowed a cut off point at 180miles 5 hours for time restraints and anybody that would like to head back. The other option is to continue to Chepstow then head up the wonderful wye valley past Tintern Abbey arrive back at 17:00 all being well. A basic break down of route as follows:-
Brecon 44 miles 25 minutes toilet break. Lunch 94 miles 1 hour. Aft break 156miles 35 minutes.
Stay Safe everyone.
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 98 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

BoB21 wrote: Hello everyone,
Looks like the gods are giving their blessing, but please remember Wales is not England so different rules apply.
As previously stated open invitation to all forum members and friends. Option to stay only one or the two nights or even just attend ride out if local.
This years run will start at 9:00 am 10th July. Fools need to save the heavy drinking till the Saturday night, Bob21!!!!! :alas:
The ride out is called "Two Devils Run". Due to nature of Brecon beacons this will take a different format to previous years as less stops in towns and more about riding in spectacular scenery with wonderful views and a more technical route. There will be a few photo /leg stretch breaks between stops so advise to bring a drink. We will be going up the Devils Staircase which in reality is only two hairpins, the road there is amazing. If anyone has issues with hairpins, I will provide a break off route but you may miss a lot of lake Brianne.
The route is 180/218 miles, 5 or 6 hours riding time. I have allowed a cut off point at 180miles 5 hours for time restraints and anybody that would like to head back. The other option is to continue to Chepstow then head up the wonderful wye valley past Tintern Abbey arrive back at 17:00 all being well. A basic break down of route as follows:-
Brecon 44 miles 25 minutes toilet break. Lunch 94 miles 1 hour. Aft break 156miles 35 minutes.
Stay Safe everyone.

Sounds good Bob  8)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Sharkfighter
Bike Model and Year: 2013 1200RT
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Sharkfighter »

What’s the latest cut off date for conformation of attendance? I’m due to go on a rally in the Dolomites in June, this was postponed from last year, but it’s still not certain that we can travel. Boris is due to make an announcement at some point, there’s talk of COVID passports, I’ll have had my 2nd jab by then.
If I can travel abroad then I’ll go to the Dolomites, but if I can’t go abroad then I’ll attend the annual meet.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Hi Sharkfighter
Spent a week in Dolomittes Sept 2018 Loved it. There is no cut off date, Majority staying in Premier Inn, its book your own accommodation. In fact ill do a swap if want? Would be great to put face to name but hope you get to go to Italy.
Sharkfighter
Bike Model and Year: 2013 1200RT
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Sharkfighter »

Bob
thanks for that. I’ve been reading the news and it appears that, unsurprisingly, Greece and Spain are in favour of Covid passports and slating the EU for their response to vaccine. Hopefully April will bring some good news, if not the alternative won’t be that bad, it’s a foreign country!
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Sharkfighter Yep and less hairpins just not quit as gorgeous but cheaper. Stayed in hotel Gran Paridis in campitello posh biker hotel. In fact part of "lets bike together" group of hoteliers. Highly recommend.
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

Stay Safe everyone.
Appreciate the time and effort that you're putting in to organise the meet.
Looking forward to it.
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

Stay Safe everyone.

Very considerate Darren.. I think that will cover all possible riders. 
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

As this year based on outskirts of town alternative accommodation is available within easy walking distance, therefore unlikely to be fully booked. Also for those unfamiliar with premier inn they charge a hefty premium for "flex" currently £60:50.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

David not really interested in debating costs structure of premier inn, Just trying to not put anybody new off into thinking they have to book there.

In fact for someone that goes to great lengths to save a few pound on p&p if you had booked advanced rate for last 5 years at a conservative saving of £30 per annum you could have paid up front this year and been £20.50 or more better off. Obviously minus any interest incurred over period currently at 0.1%. No I'm not working it out now!!!!!!  ;)

Sullivj about that accounting job we were discussing yesterday!!!!!!!! :)) 8)
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Just trying to be positive to encourage anybody new to join us who might not be familiar with the Premier Inn pricing structure.

Yes, I agree that there will most likely be cheaper accommodation available elsewhere but in the past, we’ve all stayed at the same place.

Please can any personal comments be kept off the forum, it’s hardly likely to have the desired effect of encouraging new members to join us.

With all due respect I would expect most forum members to be able to understand hotel pricing structure displayed on there website. Anybody that does not I am willing for them to personally message me and I will try to assist.
Not everybody is concerned with cost, Myself in the past would have preferred a better hotel on certain occasions but logistically to get taxi to meet up in evening wasn't convenient. As I wasn't organising was happy to quietly go with the flow. Yes in the past we have stayed in the same place but that is not compulsory/ necessary this year for reasons already stated.
Last point and a difficult one. For the record, as in all aspects of life different groups split into sub groups and exchange phone numbers, join different internet platforms etc as over the years we have all got to know each other and formed different relationships . This is nothing new in life and inevitable. Some members have expressed concern to me in other mediums over what is being said about them off the forum in other mediums.  As the saying goes dammed if you do dammed if you don't.
What I said was tongue in cheek but sorry if it caused offence that was not intended, but will not agree with personnel comments off the forum per se as not everyone the same, by god it would be a boring place if we were,  friendly banter can also bring members into the fold.