Bob21's Twenty Twenty One's annual RT meet.

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Re: Bob21's Twenty Twenty One's annual RT meet.

Post by BoB21 »

I noticed!! I've cancelled mine now, I'll re book when the Monmouth cyber trafficcalms down  :alas:  I'll try with a different ip address at work tomorrow, see if that makes any difference? Failing that, it's out of date egg n cress sandwiches and a litre of white lighting like Casbar.

Ps, meeting GTR John Friday so I'll get him to confirm either way 👍

Had to be you Sim.
Why did you cancel b4 rebooking? With all the money we have all saved we might set up a hardship fund for you and Casbar, Then again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Hello All Attending,

For those doing the run on the Saturday, We will be doing "second man drop off" anybody unfamiliar feel free to PM or ask b4 ride. However on first part of ride we will be going onto a two lane dual carriageway on two separate occasions. For safety I will NOT drop a marker down leaving. We will be leaving at first proper exit both times. But be aware that on the first occasion it is off Hardwick Gyratory roundabout onto A465 signed Merthyr Tydfil and there is a slip road almost straight after joining to, Avara foods factory , so it will be first proper exit signed to -: Abergavenny Y Fenni A4143, Blaenavon, LLanfoist B4246. Can anybody who has invited non forum members please let them know. Thanks.

Second point:- First rest break. At Brecon there is a £1 pay Alexandra road car park with toilet and cafe. However weather permitting I and anyone else who wishes, will be taking a flask and going to a beauty spot further on for a break, but no facilities.(personally do not like city centre cafes) We will regroup there to continue onwards. Leave car park turn left, immediately turn right at traffic lights and 500yds turn left at traffic lights signed Upper chapel. You will be on B4520, go through lower chapel and upper chapel and going up hill turn left signed B4519 Garth keep going till find group. Again please let non forum members know.

Lunch will be at Owls nest tea room Llandovery and a further break at a quaint tea room in the beacons.

Anyone requiring route please PM me email details. [size=2px]But bear with as do not have internet at home. As stated b4 alternative route available for anybody who does not wish to go up Devils [/size]staircase[size=2px] but will mean missing Lake [/size]Brianne.
Hope that is as clear as mud!!!!!

Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

Do we drop the second man off the top of the devils staircase?! :-)

Thanks for organizing and planning the route Bob21
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

For Info:- I do not know what the situation will be regarding booking pubs/restaurants and availability or just wing it on the day. At present time, restricted to groups of 30 outside in wales.  :P I did pose question to a few unnamed members on fb and the outcome was quite frankly diabolical  >:( .  Will post general question in case any local member can enlighten us. 
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I suggested a picnic - what's diabolical about that?!  ???
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Is a field opp hotel which is outside drinking zone.
Last edited by BoB21 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Sullivj wrote: I suggested a picnic - what's diabolical about that?! ???
It was the tesco bit diabolical  they have a Waitrose.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Right went to Wales today so went into Monmouth. Robin hood has reasonable beer garden but only table umbrellas so not great if raining. The gate house also good beer garden but closed. There are some nice benches by river but this is in no drinking area.
Hotel has no outside seating. Went into hotel and told pubs in town  just walk in. Would need to book italian. Advised to order breakfast as gets busy at weekends. No problems with all eating there in evening on different tables. Smallish area but ok if needed.
Off licence just up road from hotel and petrol station 24hr and sells alchol.

To all be together, need to be outside and due to unpredictable weather in wales not really practical to book anywhere.
No offence lads but trying to please everyone just wont happen. Im going to hope good weather and wing it when there.
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

BoB21 wrote: Right went to Wales today so went into Monmouth. Robin hood has reasonable beer garden but only table umbrellas so not great if raining. The gate house also good beer garden but closed. There are some nice benches by river but this is in no drinking area.
Hotel has no outside seating. Went into hotel and told pubs in town  just walk in. Would need to book italian. Advised to order breakfast as gets busy at weekends. No problems with all eating there in evening on different tables. Smallish area but ok if needed.
Off licence just up road from hotel and petrol station 24hr and sells alchol.

To all be together, need to be outside and due to unpredictable weather in wales not really practical to book anywhere.
No offence lads but trying to please everyone just wont happen. Im going to hope good weather and wing it when there.

Darren, you've gone above and beyond in your efforts to plan the meet. You don't have to take responsibility for the evening arrangements as well. We're all adults, we can sort ourselves out on the day.

Ps. If the weathers crap I'll hold you personally responsible.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

MikeS wrote:
Darren, you've gone above and beyond in your efforts to plan the meet. You don't have to take responsibility for the evening arrangements as well. We're all adults, we can sort ourselves out on the day.

Appreciate comment but if you were all adults life would be so much easier!!!!be

Ps. If the weathers crap I'll hold you personally responsible.
[/quote

Never crap it's  atmospheric. And wouldnt expect anything less. :alas:
Arek
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

Hi all.
I am following this thread for a long time. Unfortunately can't commit for a full weekend, so didn't say anything out loud.
Looks like I may have Saturday free that day. And as Breckons is in the commutable range from Oxford I was thinking to join you lot for a Saturday ride.
Can't say anything for 100% yet, but so far looks good for me.

Is that will be OK?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Our group of 3 have booked an Indian Restaurant for Friday night and the Punch House Pub for Sat night.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Arek perfectly fine with us.
Leaving at 9 but pm email address and I'll send you a route so if running late can meet on route.

Casbar noted, but as said b4 indian no good for me on Friday with early start.

If wether good propose trying to use robin hood to meet b4 and after dinning as decent beer garden where we can all meet.
Last edited by BoB21 on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoB21
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Right 7 of us booked 19:30 La piccola friday night. One space available at sims table. John, tim, dave c and I . Sim Michael and Dave f .
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

BoB21 wrote: Right 7 of us booked 19:30 La piccola friday night. One space available at sims table. John, tim, dave c and I . Sim Michael and Dave f .
Can you fit me in?