Throttle Gizmo

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Re: Throttle Gizmo

Post by DaveCly »

I tend to get it in summer during a long ride. are when touring, I put it down to the thin summer gloves I wear, definitely not as bad with a thicker glove ... only happens to the right hand (awaits silly comments ☝️)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

DaveCly wrote: I tend to get it in summer during a long ride. are when touring, I put it down to the thin summer gloves I wear, definitely not as bad with a thicker glove ... only happens to the right hand (awaits silly comments ☝️)

I am convinced it is prolonged gripping the throttle with gloves on that reduces blood flow to the fingers. Usually after an hour or so.

Thanks guys for the sensible replies.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I like the small in circumference grips, get better feedback from the bars rather than increasing the diameter with additional coverings designed to reduce vibration and feel.
(I haven't got spades for hands).

Same as riding with thicker style winter gloves on, just wear summer gloves and turn up the heated grips.

Relaxing the grip on the throttle will obviously help.

Also use the cruise control through villages etc. when out on country roads to maintain the signed speed limits, gives my hand a break.
Last edited by David. on Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveCly
Bike Model and Year: RT1200 Iconic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveCly »

Same as riding with thicker style winter gloves on, just wear summer gloves and turn up the heated grips.

Not recommended in 32c Spanish heat David 😂