Additions

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Additions

Post by hammo »

Hi everyone , I,m thinking of a denali lighting kit for my 2018 RTLE any preference to the fitting kits ? cansmart / hezcan ? any information is welcome in conjunction with fitting etc .
Sprintgull

Re: Additions

Post by Sprintgull »

Yes I can vouch for it.  Fitted to my 2016 with no real issues, just take your time with the wiring routing.  I think mine went under the fuel tank shell. 

In a moment of lockdown madness I bought the full kit from NN with the horn and rear light.  I went for the split soundbomb horn because I'd had trouble in the past with the usual combined unit (although sold for this bike) chafing on the front brake hose on left turns.  The actual loud bit now sits behind the RH speaker grille which was empty and the compressor is on the Denali bracket next to the headstock.  With care it fits fine.  Using the EzCan also meant that the original horn stayed in situ (made up a bracket so it fits with the Denali horn compressor).  On the HMFCYMAGJ* index it works a treat.  I only had one issue with the whole kit:  The thread on the bolt supplied for the horn bracket was wrong, but I found that the OEM bolt was long enough.

(*How Many Feet Can You Make A Granny Jump)
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Additions

Post by Casbar »

hammo wrote: Hi everyone , I,m thinking of a denali lighting kit for my 2018 RTLE any preference to the fitting kits ? cansmart / hezcan ? any information is welcome in conjunction with fitting etc .

I've fitted the Denali D2s with the under the mirrors bracket. Plus I bought a Cansmart, and I also have some Skene P3 brake lights which also connect to the Cansmart. There is not a lot of difference now between the Cansmart and Hex controllers, both use exactly the same software (Hex make the Denali Cansmart) the only difference is the Cansmart already has plugs that fit the Denali kit, rather than having to splice wires. I've had my setup on a 2014RT and now on my 1250, works well. Haven't bothered with a horn though, still using a BMW 5 series low tone horn, which was a direct replacement for the standard horn