Scot looking for a 3rd gen RT

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
muffin

Scot looking for a 3rd gen RT

Post by muffin »

Evening Chaps,

So long story short, I am selling my Africa Twin and going for a 3rd gen RT, likely a 2014 due to budget.
I was hoping to see if there were any other owners in central belt Scotland that had one that wouldn't mind meeting up for a gander and a walkabout, there are surprisingly little available in Scotland unfortunately :(

If I am being honest, I am trying to find an RT that I can test ride and see if it would be suitable for my wrists as I get a lot of pain in them these days, I know aftermarket risers are available and the seat height is fine for me, as long as I know my wrists are okay on a ride, I will be quite happy to go forth and buy an RT.

I found 2 in triumph Glasgow, however they would not allow me to test ride their RT's as they were both outwith my price range (at this moment),which I think is a tad short sighted on their side imho.

Any help would be muchly appreciated chaps.
Cheers,
Kyle
Cortina
Ireland

Re: Scot looking for a 3rd gen RT

Post by Cortina »

I have a blue 2015 for sale (not advertised essentially) - fixed price of £7000 which you are welcome to try  .... just means a trip to sunny NI , which probably rules it out !
Why so cheap ?  Huge miles of 7000 per year (35K) means the motorcycle trade runs a mile from it  ............... crazy !!!  (I have a friend with 216,000 on a K LT  , now that I would consider slightly high miles ..................)
MikeS
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Re: Scot looking for a 3rd gen RT

Post by MikeS »

Why not go to the local BMW dealer (? Douglas Park) and have a go on their 1250RT demonstrator?
I know you're after a 1200RT but from the point of view of the riding position they're very similar, if not the same.

BMW are generally pretty good with test rides.