Salopette Style Pants

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Levisp

Re: Salopette Style Pants

Post by Levisp »

Our Gee totally get what you mean about waist cut trousers. Many moons ago I was after a pair of leather riding trousers and bought a pair that fitted perfectly but had a low cut waist. Thought I would get used to the waist but never did. I then bought a D-Dry Dainese textile suit. That too was a bit crap. The jacket was a short style with a 3/4 connecting zip. When it rained water would make its way between jacket and trousers and you would get a wet stomach. Also it was a drop lined type of waterproof suit. This meant that the outer layer would get sopping wet, make you feel cold and take ages to dry. Fortunately I wrote the suit off in an accident ( unfortunate for my ZZR1400 ) and with the insurance money was able to buy the Rukka suit I have now. Thats was 12 years ago. The trousers are not Salopette but the waist is on the high side with braces. I think you might find that a textile trouser with braces with a high waist but not true salopette might work for you. Good luck with your search.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Hein Gericke used to do a good selection of textile jackets & trousers. I remember their Master range, particularly the Master V which had a detachable bib, have seen a few on ebay, might be worth a look. On the plus side, the HG sizing will be familiar too.

Richa is another brand that has just popped up. They do a bib (like others do) to convert trousers into salopettes.
https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/ric ... lack/43092

Richa BIB Reflex, http://www.brixmoto.com/richa-bib-refle ... black.html (The prices in Euros put me off but they are in Ireland).
Last edited by David. on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoB21
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 34 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Motorcycle sport and leisure short reveiw wolf fortitude £249 laminated. Good luck on search
Our Gee
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2011
Been liked: 24 times
Great Britain

Post by Our Gee »

BoB21 wrote: Motorcycle sport and leisure short reveiw wolf fortitude £249 laminated. Good luck on search

Well spotted Bob, they do look interesting although only available in Short and Regular but I will try and shave a look at them "in the flesh". Incidentally, "The Sportsbike Shop" have them at 30% discount (£170).
Thanks.
Last edited by Our Gee on Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.