Motor32
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT '23
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
United States of America

### Warranty Costs for 8 Months ###

Post by Motor32 »

Hey Guys,

After eight months I totaled up how much BMW has covered in parts only (not any labor costs) for warranty claims for my 2020 R1250RT so far. They will also have to replace the front calipers again at a cost of at least $1,500 when that is finalized.

Steve

$ 1,573 Calipers

$ 1,573 Calipers

$ 1,573 Calipers

$ 1,150 Front Rim

$  310 Audio Buttons

$ 1,931 Audio Control Unit

$ 8,110  Total

Dartman340ta

Re: ### Warranty Costs for 8 Months ###

Post by Dartman340ta »

I don’t know about you but I would have found me a different Bmw store to get my work done.or they need to get rid of the tech that put that many calipers on you bike. Cause it really sounds like he didn’t have a clue what was wrong with your machine. 
Motor32
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT '23
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
United States of America

Post by Motor32 »

Dartman340ta wrote: I don’t know about you but I would have found me a different Bmw store to get my work done.or they need to get rid of the tech that put that many calipers on you bike. Cause it really sounds like he didn’t have a clue what was wrong with your machine.

The problem was the dealerships (three different ones that my bike has been to) could only replace under warranty the defective leaking Hayes calipers with new defective Hayes calipers from BMW, I'm now on my fourth set. BMW sent out two engineers to remove and replace one set of Hayes calipers and returned to Germany with my leaking calipers. The dealers hands were tied on this one and now here in the USA they can't sell any of their bikes that have these Hayes calipers on them. BMW really F_ _ ked their customers and dealerships at the same time over this. Brembos are the rumor replacement in the next few months for every bike out there with Hayes currently.

Steve

emlevy
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200RT
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by emlevy »

Oh well, that’s what the warranty is for. Sorry to hear about your brakes, but it’ll get sorted.

I had an early-production ‘98 K1200RS and lots of stuff was replaced under warranty (including a new engine), even after the bike was out of warranty. All good.
Last edited by emlevy on Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 R1200RT | 2012 R1200R Classic