Motoscan with amazon fire?

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Old-Git

Motoscan with amazon fire?

Post by Old-Git »

Anyone used Motoscan with an amazon fire tablet?
rangemaster728

Re: Motoscan with amazon fire?

Post by rangemaster728 »

Not that app specifically, but have done others...
You may need to do something called ‘sideloading’ to install the app.

Look at this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thever ... how-to-get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Thanks, but after a massive sweary session my wife has taken her Fire away from me, and told me to go forth and multiply and buy my own tablet.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Ok so £35 has bought me an old but perfect condition asus 8 inch tablet, I've created a new google account, finally got the app installed and working. Then around the houses trying set up a payment method, gave up on that and bought a gift card, sent it to the new email address, and it's finally working. Just gotta buy the converter cable, and wait for the obd device I've bought for my car to arrive, and all should be ok. I hope.One thing I have learned - google and android are the bastard sons of the devil himself.
rangemaster728

Post by rangemaster728 »

Excellent...hopefully you ordered one of the OBD readers that work well with our bikes and Motoscan; I use the OBDLink LX Bluetooth one and it works fine...I know there are others folks use successfully as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

well converter cable arrived, as did the OBD device for my VAG car, unfortunately it will not connect to the tablet, so I've ordered a cheap elm327 obd device, we shall see....
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

well that didn't work, so have bought the one that is "guaranteed" to work by motoscan.

Couldn't find the one mentioned by rangemaster728....
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Success! So it cost me 34 for an android tablet, 11 foir adapter cable, 24 for the app and 62.50 for the obd device. So £131.50 against 299 for a gs-911, plus it gave me soemthing to do over the last few weeks.
Attachments
IMG_1200.JPG