Help to Identify Electrical Connector

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
VladCZ

Help to Identify Electrical Connector

Post by VladCZ »

Can anyone tell me what is this electric connector (plugged into the blind plug) meant for? It has a power when ignition on in #3 pin, has 3 wires, but I can't figure out what is it for. Maybe for some Police version equipment? I'm looking for a power for single LED light that I want to add (don't have fog lights option on my bike). Thanks
Attachments
IMG_3748.jpg
IMG_3745 (1).jpg
IMG_3743.jpg
IMG_3742.jpg
gary45

Re: Help to Identify Electrical Connector

Post by gary45 »

Factory fog lights

VladCZ

Post by VladCZ »

Interesting. I thought since I don't have the switch on the handlebar there would be no wiring either. Thank you Gary
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

They are one of the accessories that can be retro fitted so the wiring really needs to be there to make that possible.

And besides that the cost saving from leaving those wires off would probably be less than the increased cost of having double the inventory items
VladCZ

Post by VladCZ »

Thanks guys
davef1uk

Post by davef1uk »

PeteM wrote: They are one of the accessories that can be retro fitted so the wiring really needs to be there to make that possible.

And besides that the cost saving from leaving those wires off would probably be less than the increased cost of having double the inventory items

correct.. much cheaper than BMW!!
Motorbiking is a life, not a hobby.  Ride with Pride.  😜