General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Nick Evans
Bike Model and Year: 2009 R1200RT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

What is this connector for?

Post by Nick Evans »

Hello internet, does anyone know what this connector is for? It is on the left hand side of the bike and there does not appear to be a corresponding connector on the right. It was taped back to the loom and capped, it is a 2 pin connector and it does not appear to go live with the ignition on (not sure about what happens once the engine starts). Just to orient youthe picture is looking down into the dash (dash removed), so you can see the left dipped beam headlight at the bottom, and th eleft running light towards the top left, with a bit of the clocks and the foam around the clocks on the right. The shiny black cable is for a TomTom mount (finally given the Garmin the heave, good riddance), which was not tied in yet, that would be the next project. Bike is a 2009 RT, no radio. My first though was for a speaker as it is in roughly the right place, but I could not find a corresponding connector on the right.
I will have to give it a blast of ACF50 once I have properly plumbed the TomTom in...
Attachments
RT connector.jpg
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: What is this connector for?

Post by David. »

Nick Evans wrote:Does anyone know what this connector is for?

Additional connector for a second horn, https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.ph ... uggestions

Nick Evans
Bike Model and Year: 2009 R1200RT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Re: What is this connector for?

Post by Nick Evans »

That was easy, thank you David.
I happen to have a spare horn somewhere...