General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Motor32
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT '23
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
United States of America

### Bluetooth Receiver For Factory Audio System Video 2020 R1250RT ###

Post by Motor32 »

A quick video of my Bluetooth receiver on my R1250RT into the factory audio system. This will allow you to listen to anything on your phone or streamed through it like Podcasts, radio station apps or audio books.

Steve

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...dp_ob_title_ce

[size=7px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwdxHDLz2Hs[/size]
Toaster
Bike Model and Year: 2019 BMW R1250RT
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: ### Bluetooth Receiver For Factory Audio System Video 2020 R1250RT ###

Post by Toaster »

These look to be a great idea for accessing music from your phone. I'm guessing I could play Spotify through my helmet? Has any else bought one?

Cheers

David
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Toaster wrote: These look to be a great idea for accessing music from your phone. I'm guessing I could play Spotify through my helmet? Has any else bought one?

Cheers

David
I bought one of these on ebay for £2.99. Works, not yet tested in anger yet tho. HTH
Attachments
bluetooth.JPG
Toaster
Great Britain

Post by Toaster »

Hi Old Git.....is it possible to listen to music streamed from your phone using a BMW helmet with this device? This is the $1,000,000 question!
As I understand it, the BMW helmet uses an old version of Bluetooth, and I'm guessing this will not be compatible, but the problem of streaming Spotify on a ride has been bugging me for ages so if you know a way of doing it I'd love to know how....

Cheers
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Toaster wrote: Hi Old Git.....is it possible to listen to music streamed from your phone using a BMW helmet with this device? This is the $1,000,000 question!
As I understand it, the BMW helmet uses an old version of Bluetooth, and I'm guessing this will not be compatible, but the problem of streaming Spotify on a ride has been bugging me for ages so if you know a way of doing it I'd love to know how....

Cheers
sorry no idea, I've only used it for music to the speakers.
Toaster
Great Britain

Post by Toaster »

Well, to answer my own question, I bought one of the Bluetooth transmitter/receivers similar to the one suggested by Motor 32 and it works a treat. Music from Spotify can be downloaded via a Samsung phone and can be played either through the speakers or through a BMW Evo helmet. The whiz wheel can be used to control the volume.......I'm a happy boy.... :kacsint2:
Motor32
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT '23
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 10 times
United States of America

Post by Motor32 »

Toaster wrote: Well, to answer my own question, I bought one of the Bluetooth transmitter/receivers similar to the one suggested by Motor 32 and it works a treat. Music from Spotify can be downloaded via a Samsung phone and can be played either through the speakers or through a BMW Evo helmet. The whiz wheel can be used to control the volume.......I'm a happy boy.... :kacsint2:

It does work great, I'm surprised BMW doesn't offer this as an accessory. Slap a BMW logo on it and charge 10Xs  the cost, it would offset all the costs of the warranty recalls here in the USA.

Steve