TFT and General stuff on the 21 R1250RT

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
DavidMcK

TFT and General stuff on the 21 R1250RT

Post by DavidMcK »

[size=15px]This will change as I and others learn about the new bike, so, if we put the pieces of knowledge in a common location we can all collectively become wiser.[/size][size=15px][size=15px][size=15px]What I know so far, the four buttons have permanently assigned functions.[/size][size=15px][size=15px][size=15px]Button Assignment[/size][size=15px][size=15px]1 Pause or play music, when you stop the bike the music is paused. When you start it again, you have to navigate through the TFT to music to start again[/size][size=15px][size=15px]or push button 1[/size][size=15px][size=15px][size=15px]2 Heated grips and seat, not played with this.[/size][size=15px][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]3 Change audio output, this will switch from Radio to music on bike with a radio, if you don't have a radio it will bring up the music screen so you can push[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]the wonder wheel to move to a different track.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]4. Displays Map in full screen, don't really use this.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]TFT[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]Its pretty straight forward to navigate down to menu's and left to right. When you have a sub menu, say music open and you push the menu button up to return to the main screen, pushing the down menu will return you to your last sub menu.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]There is no temperature gauge on the TFT all you now get is a warning light if you are too hot, engine temperature is shown on the vehicle sub menu.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]There is nothing to show the damping on the TFT, if you push the right button on the handlebar to change engine modes, dynamic will change the damping to dynamic, sometimes when I go over bumpy roads I want to change the damping to Road, this was easy on the older bikes and K16 as it was the first option on the menu button, but now I have to go through menu's to find the damping and change it, when I do change it there is nothing on the TFT to tell you what you have set it to, BTW there is only Road or Dynamic damping as on previous bikes.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]When on the main screen pushing the wonder wheel right will open up the split screen and there are four displays for the split screen, trip 1 and trip 2 then map and music.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]Pushing the menu button up shows user info e.g. fuel left, tyre pressure etc. You can choose from a list of options.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]Music.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]Its playing fine from my phone, but you have to remember to switch on your music app. I had a problem with my Sena SRL getting the volume high enough to hear it, I also have a Sena RC 3 remote on the handlebar to change volume, the wonder wheel does not do this. I contacted Sena and they said the wonder wheel is propriety to BMW and that's that. I know BMW said they made the API available, but who knows. Anyway, I think I have the volume fixed, when you have it all connected and working push the volume on you phone to max volume. I had to push the volume up button on my Galaxy S10 to do this.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]Phone[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]I had an issue with making and receiving calls, as in, the phone connected, but no audio or mic. However, it worked yesterday, so a leprechaun must have fixed it when I wasn't looking.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]Reference phones, we all now have a dilemma. We used to have dedicated Sat Nav's that could play music and could be locked into the bike when we had a lunch break, coffee etc. Now we have our mobile phone's locked in a cupboard. I like my phone on my person when I go for a coffee etc. Maybe phone my wife or check emails. Now, I have to remember to take the phone out of its hidey place. Yesterday when I went to the dealer he took the bike to check the TPMS and the phone went with him, so that was that, twiddle thumbs time.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]So, I am contemplating getting a second phone for the bike, (bit of back to the future), since my phone is now my sat nav [/size][size=15px]etc.it[/size][size=15px] is essentially my old Nav Vi and I don't want to be putting in in and taking it out of its hidey hole all of the time, in addition, what happens if I drop it and break it.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]Of course there is a benefit here, I will have two phones on my trips so if I break one, my backup will be in the cubby hole.[/size][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px][color=rgb(56, 58, 59)][font=segoe ui][size=15px]To be continued by me and I hope others.........................................................................[/size]
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Re: TFT and General stuff on the 21 R1250RT

Post by michaelc2710 »

Thanks for the insight and write up. Enjoy the new toy