NAV IV Digital speedo question

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
GREATSCOT

NAV IV Digital speedo question

Post by GREATSCOT »

Hi all. Still getting used to my NAV IV along with my new (to me) 2019 RT1250.

My one present niggle is I cannot bring up/access the large digital speedo display, just the speedo on its own.  I can access the 'my motorcycle' screen and have the speed set as the first box on this display.  On my R1200RS I could then just use the scroll wheel to keep scrolling through until just the speed was displayed.  On the RT12500 can't suss out how to scroll any further through main 'my motorcycle' screen with the multitude of boxes filling the screen.  When in 'Navigator' inthe bike TFT and on 'page' I cannot scroll through the 'My motorcycle' screen any further? 

I'm not sure if I have explained the issue clearly!?  If you've had the patience to absorb the above: :) [size=78%] do you have any pointers to get me where I want to be??  Thanks for your time [/size]
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Re: NAV IV Digital speedo question

Post by beemerboy9 »

Have you got a radio?
John Bentall
GREATSCOT

Post by GREATSCOT »

beemerboy9 wrote: Have you got a radio?

Negative.  Good point, should have mentioned that.  Cheers  ;)
Gavj
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2020
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

Are you trying to get a large speedo on the Nav VI... not quite following your post

I have the digita speedo on the bike's screen, never seen it on the Nav screen apart from the smal box below the map.
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

I found this on another site

"Mine was set to 'RT' I didn't know about the digital display until now. I just went out and set it to digital. It should be a bit of fun next time I'm out. I used (settings-user-background) if that's any help to others. The main screen can be set as 1/ RT 2/speedo 3/ blank."
John Bentall
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

GREATSCOT wrote: Hi all. Still getting used to my NAV IV along with my new (to me) 2019 RT1250.

My one present niggle is I cannot bring up/access the large digital speedo display, just the speedo on its own.  I can access the 'my motorcycle' screen and have the speed set as the first box on this display.  On my R1200RS I could then just use the scroll wheel to keep scrolling through until just the speed was displayed.  On the RT12500 can't suss out how to scroll any further through main 'my motorcycle' screen with the multitude of boxes filling the screen.  When in 'Navigator' inthe bike TFT and on 'page' I cannot scroll through the 'My motorcycle' screen any further? 

I'm not sure if I have explained the issue clearly!?  If you've had the patience to absorb the above: :) [size=78%] do you have any pointers to get me where I want to be??  Thanks for your time [/size]

Is this what you mean?  There's no speed indicated as I'd just turned the ignition on to get the picture.
Attachments
IMG_20210403_130315790_HDR.jpg
Ed17
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Ed17 »

Something like this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWrD6Q9-FJY
Cheers... Ed.
..like pointing a finger away to the moon...don't concentrate on the finger!
GREATSCOT

Post by GREATSCOT »

Ed17 wrote: Something like this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWrD6Q9-FJY
Cheers... Ed.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to bring up.  It can obviously be accessed on the GS and I could get it on my R1200S.  Just can't figure a way to bring it up on the RT?

Also, thanks for the other replies and apologies for my lack of clarity in previous post.  It's not easy being intellectually chllenngedd!  :wonder:
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Post by MikeS »

Have you tired setting it to "1 field" in the My Motorcycle Settings? This works on mine as long as the speedo is the first box in the top left corner of the 16 box page.
Dee Dub

Post by Dee Dub »

On all Garmin devices that I have used, if you tap the 'speedo' item on the main map screen, a large digital speedo appears. Does that not work on Nav IV?
DW
GREATSCOT

Post by GREATSCOT »

MikeS wrote:
Is this what you mean?  There's no speed indicated as I'd just turned the ignition on to get the picture.

Hi MikeS, that is exactly what I am trying to bring up but can't get it to appear!!??  But, thanks for proving it is in there, somewhere!!
GREATSCOT

Post by GREATSCOT »

MikeS wrote: Have you tired setting it to "1 field" in the My Motorcycle Settings? This works on mine as long as the speedo is the first box in the top left corner of the 16 box page.

Hi again MikeS.  I can't locate "1 field" in My Motorcycle Settings.  All very random!....  I'm sure it is possible and an easy fix.  Just need an adult to show me what I am doing wrong.... :-[
GREATSCOT

Post by GREATSCOT »

Dee Dub wrote: On all Garmin devices that I have used, if you tap the 'speedo' item on the main map screen, a large digital speedo appears. Does that not work on Nav IV?

Tried that Dee Dub and it just goes straight to the 'My Motorcycle' screen.  I'm thinking I had this screen set to "1 Field" as per MikeS' suggestion it may take me there? 

I do have the speed set to the first box on the top left in My Motorcycle.

Thanks to you and the others for your time and replies. ???

You are probably getting bored of trying to suss out what I'm doing wrong by now.  I know I am getting bored of myself ??? [size=78%]..[/size]