Rider peg lowering kit

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
BeeJay

Rider peg lowering kit

Post by BeeJay »

Hello
Having a bit of a problem with my hip at present. Eased things somewhat by fitting Sargent seat on the bike's highest setting.
But after a while it's extremely painful lifting right foot off the peg to put it on the ground.
I was thinking that lowering the pegs may help as it alters the knee joint angle, but at £179 from NNs it's an expensive try-out.
Has anyone fitted these? Did they suit the reason why you fitted them?
Can I get them at a better price?
As an aside I rode a friend's KTM 900 to get it MOT'd recently, and no discomfort felt. Okay it was only a shortish ride but the riding position is totally different.
And NO, I do not want a KTM. lol
;D
Boxflyer
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Rider peg lowering kit

Post by Boxflyer »

Deleted
Last edited by Boxflyer on Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Boxflyer, thanks for the link, good video.
I'm looking for something UK or EU before I chance getting kit from USA.
emlevy
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200RT
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by emlevy »

I’m using the Suburban Machinery (USA) lowering kit and couldn’t be happier. For reference, I’m 6’6” (1,98).
2015 R1200RT | 2012 R1200R Classic
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

BeeJay wrote: Boxflyer, thanks for the link, good video.
I'm looking for something UK or EU before I chance getting kit from USA.
If buying from Europe don't forget to factor in import duty.Think anything over £135 is liable and can add a large chunk on the price.When that's factored in NN's are about the same.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

BeeJay wrote:
I was thinking that lowering the pegs may help as it alters the knee joint angle, but at £179 from NNs it's an expensive try-out.
Has anyone fitted these? Did they suit the reason why you fitted them?
Can I get them at a better price?
Hi I had a knee replacement a couple of years ago and still don't have full bend, so peg lowering had to happen. Yes they are worth the money IMHO, nicely made and look integrated, but for me the comfort is vastly improved. On long ride outs I watch my buddies stretching their legs out and moving around to get comfortable, I just sit there all day long. Well worth it and I've never considered going back to standard.You're welcome to have a look and a sit if you are anywhere near Northants.Nick
Sullivj
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by Sullivj »

I had the same problem and bar risers helped a bit, because they made me sit a bit more upright, and changed the hip angle. 

In the end, mine got so bad, I had to lift my leg off the peg.  Soon after that, the pain was such, that I couldn't lift it off, and actually got stuck on the bike!

A new hip sorted it.  I can now ride for hours with no pain at all.
donald463

Post by donald463 »

Wunderlich Peg Lowering Kit on Ebay  eBay item number:303966807796 
GREATSCOT

Post by GREATSCOT »

Good evening folks.  I have the Wunderlich lowering kit fitted.  I have a hip alignment niggle and also knee issues that are beyond repair! (Old war wounds :-) )  I still train in a controlled and professional manner and stay strong and supple whilst always working on mobility along with S&C but it does not negate overall issues of physiology!!  Without the lowered footpegs I would generally have struggled with the RT's standard riding position.  The difference (for me) with the lowered pegs is a revelation.  Just FYI I also have a Wunderlich seat and it is just a tad higher than the standard height BMW item and also pure luxury on the glutes..... :)  Hope that helps?  May also be useful to know I am 5'10" with 31.5" inside leg.

Hope you manage to get sorted.  Best money I have spent on the bike.
BeeJay

Post by BeeJay »

Thanks for that. We're similar height.
I'll just have to just buy it and hope for the best.
I can always re-sell it if it's no use.
:)