Greetings from a Newbie

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Lucian

Greetings from a Newbie

Post by Lucian »

Hello all, I am new to the forum and to the BMW brand. I have been riding street and dirt bikes off and on my entire life and am now 60 years old. I live In Maine, Usa and have been a Moto guzzi enthusiast lately. I recently purchased a 2013 1200 rt in California and it is waiting out there at a good friends house who has been kind enough to pick it up and store the bike until i can get out there to enjoy it. The bike was well cared for and has 30,000n miles on the clock. It was dealer maintained and recently serviced just before I purchased it from the PO. I have a trip planned coming up soon to go out with my daughter and explore the west coast and was looking for advice on what sort of things I may want to bring along such as a tire plug kit and pump or anything else that may be handy just encase  minor issues arise. I have always done all of my own wrenching on my bikes but they are not as complex as the rt is.  Any advise would be much appreciated on this new to me model , and thank you for letting me join in the group.  Stay safe everyone!
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Re: Greetings from a Newbie

Post by hammo »

Welcome and enjoy the site info and tips.
emlevy
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200RT
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by emlevy »

Congrats and welcome! We’re the same age and both have Guzzi experience. I’m located in the mountains about thirty minutes west of Denver. If you need any assistance or simply a place to flop on your trip out west, send me a PM. I have plenty of space and you’ll find lots of good riding around here.
2015 R1200RT | 2012 R1200R Classic
Lucian

Post by Lucian »

Thank you Emlevy for the very generous offer. I certainly appreciate it. Our current plan is to ride up the PCH and try and get to the Sequoia national forest , Big Sir,  Yosemite, and Joshua tree and then back to San Diego.  If we decide to venture more west we will be sure and send you a pm, Thanks for the warm welcomes!