My 1250 is poorly

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
GvG

Re: My 1250 is poorly

Post by GvG »

Why not just installing a new Telematica Module? Almost certain it will solve your bike's problem. I assume you still have warranty, so your dealer should fix it, as simple as that.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

GvG wrote: Why not just installing a new Telematica Module? Almost certain it will solve your bike's problem. I assume you still have warranty, so your dealer should fix it, as simple as that.

Yep still a years warranty. They won't install anything until BMW Germany advise what to do. And they have gone to Traffic Master the bods who are the software people for the SOS function. So until the go, they won't order any parts or do anymore about it.
GvG

Post by GvG »

My Dutch BMW dealer contacted BMW Netherland, and they approved sending a new module to my dealer.

Hope they fix it soon for you!
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Well, got an update - No further forward, they do not know what is wrong and BMW Germany haven't offered up any ideas. Phoned BMW customer service, they will check and get back to me, that was 3 hours ago, which is pretty much what they did two weeks ago, promised to phone me back - nothing. So am Calendar month now, bike is off the road with an SOS button issue. Still have their K1600GTL though.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

I'm a little confused with your situation. They have your bike, which is still under warranty, know what the problem is but don't know what to do next. Why won't they just get on and fix it. Seems to me something with your dealer is very wrong or have I read this all wrong.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Levisp wrote: I'm a little confused with your situation. They have your bike, which is still under warranty, know what the problem is but don't know what to do next. Why won't they just get on and fix it. Seems to me something with your dealer is very wrong or have I read this all wrong.
[/quote

Dealer is pretty good actually. They have been top, gave me their new demonstrator as a loaner. So they did a software update, no good, so hardware. They got the data and sent to BMW UK for advice (as you would for any issue or warranty case as they would need authority to fix). BMW UK basically said "don't know", raise a tech case with Germany. Germany said, not our module, belongs to Traffic Master, we will ask them. That is where it stopped. They don't know what to replace or fix as they say they haven't seen the issue before (told them on some forums, the telemetric module was replaced) They said but that would have been from the data provided and the dealers would have been advised, whereas BMW Germany don't have a solution yet. Two calls to BMW customer service UK, no contact back, despite promises and no further forward. So that is the situation.
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

OK I see. Well good luck and hope it gets resolved soon.
redcomet
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT
Great Britain

Post by redcomet »

My SOS! light is back on and remains on. Bike is booked in for a software update next week.  Will report progress.....
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

redcomet wrote: My SOS! light is back on and remains on. Bike is booked in for a software update next week.  Will report progress.....

Good luck, maybe this is the new exhaust flap :)
GvG

Post by GvG »

WTF, what a bunch of tossers!! What is so bloody difficult about this, your telematica modele is fried, so need to be changed, simple as that! Mine was even fried when new.

If I were you, and you have the possibiliy, change the BMW dealer, because apperently they are lazy wankers.....

Good luck mate!
Last edited by GvG on Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

My bike is back, sos feature fixed. The fix after nearly six weeks was a software update. Hmmm.
BoB21
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 37 times
Great Britain

Post by BoB21 »

Glad its sorted  but strange outcome.
smileymiley
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 17MY
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Great Britain

Post by smileymiley »

Casbar wrote: My bike is back, sos feature fixed. The fix after nearly six weeks was a software update. Hmmm.
You would have thought plugging it into the computer would become first thing to check!Very strange
Vini, Vidi, Velcro....... I came, I saw, I stuck around.
GvG

Post by GvG »

I hope it's permanently fixed now for you!

In my case that new software update didn't work for my RT. The next day I took my bike for a ride after that new software update, the yellow SOS warninglight came back and didn't go away (again).

Good luck!

Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

GvG wrote: I hope it's permanently fixed now for you!

In my case that new software update didn't work for my RT. The next day I took my bike for a ride after that new software update, the yellow SOS warninglight came back and didn't go away (again).

Good luck!

They did a software update on the 14th May, which took all day. That didn't sort it out. They then on the direction of Traffic Master in Germany did something else on Thursday which fixed it. I have now covered 50 miles and the waring is still off. But we will see :)