Is there a procedure after a battery change for the CanSmart

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Rwslater
United States of America

Is there a procedure after a battery change for the CanSmart

Post by Rwslater »

I changed the battery in my '15 1200RT and now my cansmart is dead.  Connections have been double checked, fuse is checked and tested good. I am at a loss.  Is there a procedure of some kind for powering up the CanSmart after a battery change?
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Is there a procedure after a battery change for the CanSmart

Post by Casbar »

Rwslater wrote: I changed the battery in my '15 1200RT and now my cansmart is dead.  Connections have been double checked, fuse is checked and tested good. I am at a loss.  Is there a procedure of some kind for powering up the CanSmart after a battery change?

No, as long as the pos and neg from the Cansmart are attached, the power light should be on, on the Cansmart. If connecting to the battery, you either do it with the fuse out, so there is no surge, but that is all I can think of. Changing a battery is no different to when you connect the Cansmart for the first time. I programmed mine before I connected it to the bike via the cable direct to the computer, maybe take it off and ensure you can see it via the app to make sure all the circuits are enabled that you are using. Also check the green light is on, once connected to the power on the bike. If no light, then there is a power issue.
Last edited by Casbar on Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.