Failure of tail lamp (brake and position)

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
devaid

Failure of tail lamp (brake and position)

Post by devaid »

Hello, I have this issue on my 2010 RT:  The rear bulb (stop and position) stopped working almost immediately. With symbol on the display, I thought they were broken, replaced with new lamps, same problem when switching on check detects an anomaly. , I tried to turn on with one lamp at a time and detached one lamp holders at a time, always the same anomaly. I reversed the lamp holders with those of the direction indicators, always the same problem. I noticed that when turned on the lamps make only a quick flash.
I did the diagnostics at a BMW dealer, they found a short circuit in the wiring that goes towards the frame (it is not necessarily on the wires of the lamps). To solve the problem they have to try all the wires that go from the zfe to the rear, but this means disassembling almost the entire bike. After this poem be[size=78%], My question is some one has some suggestion or had such a similar thing? Thanks for reading[/size]