Givi V56 Top Case and Givi LED lights can be done.

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
heynez

Givi V56 Top Case and Givi LED lights can be done.

Post by heynez »

2016 R1200RT. Just installed a Givi Maxia V56 Top Case, Givi SRA5113 base plate and the E160 LED Brake Lights. First off, the instructions are terrible. So plan for a few hours of work. Also, the base plate does not have a hole for the brake light adapter.  :grave:

Installing the LED's on the Top Case was pretty easy. Just insure that the LED's line up with the holes of the Top Case. I had to get a razor blade and cut out the square holes a little bigger. Not that hard. Lights are nice and bright now.

Aluminum base plate was a little trickier. Since there is no hole for the wiring adaptor to go into, you have to drill a hole for it. Pictures attached. With the bottom hole punched out for the Top Case, attach the top case to the base plate. I little tricky. You'll have to use your big boy muscles. Base plate should not be attached to the bike yet. Look down through the bottom of the Top case, mark the base plate with a marker.  That's where you'll drill the hole for the LED adaptor. I used a step bit for this. Slowly drilled down till I got the right size hole. Slowly...  Since the hole was so close to the edge, I notched out the wall for the wire to go through. Actually worked out.

Wiring. As stated before, the instructions are terrible. The splice kit that came with it wasn't much better. I ended up getting my on splice kit that is waterproof. I found a wiring diagram from the Haynes manual. Pictures attached. It does matter which wire is hot and which is the Neg. Don't worry if the lights don't work the first try. Just swap the wires around at the top lid latch. Easier than doing it on the wiring harness again.

Hope this helps someone with putting LED lights on your Givi Top Case.
Attachments
20210912_085123[1].jpg
20210912_085101[1].jpg
20210912_085025[1].jpg
20210912_085002[1].jpg
20210912_084953[1].jpg