Handlebar Muff's

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Gavj
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2020
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Handlebar Muff's

Post by Gavj »

Anyone used these?

https://www.nippynormans.com/handguard- ... s-and-more

I have tried a few different gloves and cant get comfy in anything other than summer ones.... so thinking of these now..
Levisp

Re: Handlebar Muff's

Post by Levisp »

Answer to your question is No but if you are after keeping your hands warm in winter then the best gloves I have found are two finger mitts. I hate thick gloves but theses or something similar work extremely well.

https://www.motolegends.com/gloves/rukk ... glove.html

Add a pair in thin inner gloves and hands are nice and warm. Ok they don't look cool but who cares. They do require a little bit of adjustment time to get used to them but they work. Very comfortable.

Gavj
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2020
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

Thanks Levisp, I would prefer to wear gloves than using muffs but just cant find the right ones. I did try mitts years ago but couldnt get on with them.... I found out that I clutch and brake with different amounts of fingers at different times / speeds...... these look different again though... could be worth a try but would go for a cheaper set first just incase they end up in the cupboard with all the other gloves  :(
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Yes I know what you mean about the fingers. I have to change the way I use throttle and clutch when wearing the two finger mitts. However the plus side is that you have good feel of the controls which you don't get with thick winter gloves. Two finger version I think is better than the traditional mitt. The Rukka ones have shot up in price, Hein Gerrick if they are still out used to do something similar. Good luck with your search and if you find something that works do post a review.