Keyless battery replacement

Got any tips and tricks for BMW R1200RT/R1250RT owners? feel free to share them here.
Paul Andrews

Keyless battery replacement

Post by Paul Andrews »

Does anyone have a trick for getting the battery compartment open (keyless ride)? I think BMW used superglue on the dang thing...

I'm trying not to destroy that $300 item in the processhappy
Flew jets before aging out 👨🏼‍✈️ ✈️.  Now just BMW's at low altitude 🛵.  At least I get to decide where to land now 😆
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Re: Keyless battery replacement

Post by burridge01 »

Have a search on YouTube, it's easy when you see it👍
Paul Andrews

Post by Paul Andrews »

Thanks.  I watched the video.  Before doing so, I did manage to get the cover off, but it was far more difficult than presented in that video.  It took a sharp edged tool and considerable force.  At least I got it done.

Heck.  Is there ANYTHING not on YouTube??? ^-^  Is anyone working on a way to just plug that site into our brains???
Flew jets before aging out 👨🏼‍✈️ ✈️.  Now just BMW's at low altitude 🛵.  At least I get to decide where to land now 😆
T6pilot
Been liked: 1 time

Post by T6pilot »

When changing FOB battery don’t go cheap, I got some no-name batteries on Amazon and they only lasted 3 months stick with Panasonic or Duracell

As for Utube I can’t believe I survived 72 years without it, lots better than reading the manual
Jim