Test rides

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Chaostrophy

Re: Test rides

Post by Chaostrophy »

I know with with cars, per mile, seniors are as bad as teenagers, they just don't drive as much.
PeteM

Post by PeteM »

Chaostrophy wrote: I know with with cars, per mile, seniors are as bad as teenagers, they just don't drive as much.

They also tend to drive slower so their crashes cause less damage
mondeoman
Wales

Post by mondeoman »

Car drivers aged early-mid 60s are the safest group of car drivers, source (GOV.UK) .
Young males, teens to mid /high 20s account for 75% of all road fatalities, source (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
Mondeoman
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

I'm only guessing but I bet the worst age group for motorcyclists is the born again 40 + year olds on sports bikes. Been there and survived. The 60 + age group if they have made it this far must have learnt enough to stay out of trouble. So saying to them no test rides is a little ridiculous. Plus it's the group of riders who can probably afford a £20K motorcycle. Me thinks the BMW dealer in question needs to think again. I'm sure it's just insurance penny pinching.
mondeoman
Wales

Post by mondeoman »

Levisp wrote: I'm only guessing but I bet the worst age group for motorcyclists is the born again 40 + year olds on sports bikes. Been there and survived. The 60 + age group if they have made it this far must have learnt enough to stay out of trouble. So saying to them no test rides is a little ridiculous. Plus it's the group of riders who can probably afford a £20K motorcycle. Me thinks the BMW dealer in question needs to think again. I'm sure it's just insurance penny pinching.

Absolutely, as I said before Chester Motorrad were the opposite of Wolverhampton Motorrad, welcomed to ride anything, even the 1000RR,  :alas: different ins' company I guess.
Mondeoman