Wunderlich Passenger Armrests

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Douglas
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2019
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Gibraltar

Wunderlich Passenger Armrests

Post by Douglas »

Hi all, I am thinking of fitting the Wunderlich passenger armrests to my 1250RT. I haven't seen any reviews anywhere so not sure if they r worth it or not. I plan to do a long tour this year and maybe my passenger would appreciate them, but like I said, as I haven't seen any reviews I am a bit reluctant, especially when they r not cheap. Has any forum member got them fitted?? I so, can I have your feedback?

Thanks 
Douglas
Gibraltar

Re: Wunderlich Passenger Armrests

Post by Douglas »

Seeing that no one has replied to my post, I can honestly say that the Wunderlich passenger armrests are an asset for the passenger. Fitting was a breeze, although I needed to take a look at a couple of you tube videos but once the armrests are fitted the passenger really appreciates the upgrade. My GF was very happy to use them as she now says that she doesn't need to hold on to the rear grab rails when the bike is on the swervey move plus she is less tired on a long run. All in all, I can recommend the armrests to any RT owner, however, be prepared to dish out a large sum of cash.
Sacowan
Bike Model and Year: 2020/RT
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by Sacowan »

Mine are on the way. Glad to hear they went on easily (enough). And, yes, they are pricey.
Ain’t no right way to do the wrong thing.
Sacowan
Bike Model and Year: 2020/RT
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by Sacowan »

We did a 2250 mile ride. Twisty, country roads, interstate and city riding. The Mrs. love them.

I find I tend to kick the armrest pad when I’m swinging my leg over is the only complaint I have. I could avoid that if I tipped the armrest up, but I would,ost likely forget to put it down and ride around lopsided  :thinking:
Ain’t no right way to do the wrong thing.
Douglas
Gibraltar

Post by Douglas »

Same here, the solution is simply to raise the armrest. Happy riding .