General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Gavj
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2020
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 15 times
Great Britain

Helmets - too good to be true....

Post by Gavj »

I keep seeing this advertised, am I missing something    https://www.tigeoe.online/

Their prices are rediculously cheap, Shoei helmets, and they say the ship to several countries.... a Neotec for under 100 dollars including shipping. When I google earth the adress on the website its a shopping mall, they might be in there?

Anyone used them? ??? I think its a scam......
Last edited by Gavj on Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 900 times
Been liked: 237 times
Great Britain

Re: Helmets - too good to be tue....

Post by Doctor T »

Not saying they are but there are lots of  Shoei and Aria helmets copies in China but they are mostly sold on Chinese websites. Just search google and if you type in cycle gear.com, the site that comes up has a very similar logo. The prices are what you would expect to pay in a shop. The site you came apon may be a clone site. Stange their name www. tigeoe.online does say who they are or what they sell. Me if it seems to good to be true it probably is not.
[size=16px]777 South Figueroa Street[/size][size=16px], [/size][size=16px]Los Angeles[/size][size=16px], [/size][size=16px]CA is a town block with offices only. Not a shopping center,. [/size]
[size=16px]More info on the street. [/size][size=14px]Figueroa Street in South Los Angeles, an area where [/size][size=14px]the highest number of prostitution-related arrests in the city are made[/size][size=14px]. Armed with condoms and disposable thermometers, the outreach workers ventured out to streets in South Los Angeles notorious for sex trade activity.[/size]

They are at this address if it exists. Company name: Dongyang Ghangsheng Trading Co., Ltd.[/font][/size]Company Address: Unit 1402, Unit 2, Building 6, Oujing Garden, No. 88 Xueshi North Road, Mingtian Community, Jiangbei Street, Dongyang City, Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province (independent declaration)[/font][/size]
Company search.[/font][/size]Dongyang Guangcheng Trading Co., Ltd. is a leading manufacturer and exporter of lace with its head office in YIWU, the most famous international trade city in China. We have two factories located in Dongyang and Guangdong where equipped with experienced workers and professional facilities to strengthen our place in the Market. To keep pace with the popular fashion trends, a professional design department was established and every month, more than 100 new laces are designed and launched to the market. With a wide range, good quality and reasonable price, our products are extensively used in Garment  and other industries related with lace. In addition, our products are widely recognized and trusted by clients and can continuously meet  the customers' requirements. We welcome new and old customers from all walks of life to contact us for future business cooperations and mutual success!
Last edited by Doctor T on Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Re: Helmets - too good to be true....

Post by burridge01 »

Would you chance a 100 notes Neotec,buggered if i would(and I've got a real 1)50p head,50p helmet.
Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

I don't trust £300 helmets, there fine sliding down a track but if you headbut someting solid.........

I was wondering if the US ( where the site is pretending? to be) doesnt have high taxation like us or if the're in a state where compulsory wearing isnt in force the price may be cheaper.....

As said before, if it looks too good to be true......
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Gavj wrote: I don't trust £300 helmets, there fine sliding down a track but if you headbut someting solid.........

Well i did and walked away from it,albeit with brain damage.Would and could have been a lot worse with a 2bob lid.
[size=2px]Image[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]
[size=2px]Image[/size]
[size=2px]
[/size]
Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

Ouch, you were lucky there.......

I wouldnt wear a "scooter" helmet either I have been using Shoei for 15 years now but really grudge the cost...... a new Neotc with intercom... £600  >:(
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Gavj wrote: Ouch, you were lucky there.......

I wouldnt wear a "scooter" helmet either I have been using Shoei for 15 years now but really grudge the cost...... a new Neotc with intercom... £600  >:(

Shame you can't get down to HelmetCity in Tatsfield,the boss did me a cracking deal on my Neotec2 and head unit.And i have to say its been faultless for 3 years,great set up👍

And yes i was very lucky😊
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

As for the Schuberth,yet another great helmet but the intercom coller was absolute dog shite,3 times it pact up and the final straw was when it packed up 10 minutes after getting of the ferry at Santander.Glad i went to the Neotec2.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 900 times
Been liked: 237 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I've had some offs in the past. One where i flowed through the air like Iron Man after a car hit me up the read doing 50mph and walked away without a scratch but the bike was a write off. A couple where i got road rash on my forearms(30 odd years later i still have the scares). Come to think of it ive never hit my head on the ground.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
GuyRT
Been liked: 1 time

Post by GuyRT »

I'd say this new website is a scam.

Website created 7th February 2022, owners details hiding behind a paid service on WHOIS.

No reviews as yet, prices ridiculously low, it's not somewhere I'd be buying from.

https://www.scam-detector.com/validator/tigeoe-online-review/
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Buying a motorcycle helmet is like buying underwear , they are tight , they move about  , its quite difficult to get a perfect fit , my last helmet was too tight i was getting irritating pains on the top my head after about an hours ride , so i thought ok i,ll get the next size up , felt great in the shop all ok went for my first ride and guess what after about an hour same thing niggly pain on the top my head ,  stop and take it off and pains disappear weird !!!!!! now when it starts i stop for a coffee cheaper than forking out for another helmet . 
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

hammo wrote: Buying a motorcycle helmet is like buying underwear , they are tight , they move about  , its quite difficult to get a perfect fit , my last helmet was too tight i was getting irritating pains on the top my head after about an hours ride , so i thought ok i,ll get the next size up , felt great in the shop all ok went for my first ride and guess what after about an hour same thing niggly pain on the top my head ,  stop and take it off and pains disappear weird !!!!!! now when it starts i stop for a coffee cheaper than forking out for another helmet .
Hammo,my Schuberth S2 was exactly the same.I took the top front panel out(that touches the forehead)and gently cut and sanded the polystyrene (or whatever it is)untill it was a perfect fit and no more pain.Took me half hour and a cuppa t👍
You can buy replacement panels for most lids so maybe try a smaller panel if your not happy trimming the existing.

Gavj
Great Britain

Post by Gavj »

hammo wrote: Buying a motorcycle helmet is like buying underwear , they are tight , they move about  , its quite difficult to get a perfect fit , my last helmet was too tight i was getting irritating pains on the top my head after about an hours ride , so i thought ok i,ll get the next size up , felt great in the shop all ok went for my first ride and guess what after about an hour same thing niggly pain on the top my head ,  stop and take it off and pains disappear weird !!!!!! now when it starts i stop for a coffee cheaper than forking out for another helmet .

I feel your pain, really I did twice... bought a Shark, then an AGV, both the same, great in the shop, uncomfortable after an hour. Luckily they fit my girlfriend so she inherited them.... My last two shoei's fit like a glove and can be worn all day, not that a Shoei will necessarily fix your problem, its getting one to fit without pressure points. Now Im scared to buy anything else........
beemerboy9
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT 2019
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by beemerboy9 »

Gavj wrote:
My last two shoei's fit like a glove and can be worn all day, not that a Shoei will necessarily fix your problem, its getting one to fit without pressure points. Now I'm scared to buy anything else........

Same here .....
John Bentall
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 230 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

I know from experience that Arai are perfect fit for me so I stick to them, despite them not making a modular helmet that would be helpful on tours.

I have been told by an Arai techie that the company also produce specific helmet shapes for various countries as it appears, for example, that UK heads are a different shape to USA heads.

I think it was Bell that came up with the advertisement that stated “If you have a $50 head buy a $50 helmet” though I do have a mate who is way better off than me and buys the cheapest helmet he can find… his choice, his life.