Remap

Technical aspects and performance of the BMW R1200RT/1250 RT
Old-Git

Remap

Post by Old-Git »

I had my '16 remapped yesterday. Ex factory it's rated 125hp / 92ft/lb - at the crank, which is probably 95hp at the back wheel. Unsure of torks at the back wheel. Anyway see attached. My bike has a K&N filter, stainless headers which are de-cat and have no flappy valve thing, and an akrapovic end can. Before the remap it was running 111hp / 82ft/lb - at the back wheel. Pretty healthy. After remap - 119hp / 88ft/lb - again at the back wheel. Low revs / throttle opening fuelling issues were what I really wanted to get sorted, the power increase is a bonus. Shame I'll be stuck in a car all day today, ah well I'll give it a run out tomorrow.
remap 2.jpg
remap 2.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 709 times
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Re: Remap

Post by sakm »

Not a bad result

Who did the remap and which method did you use? power commander or flashing of the ECU
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

RPM in Northampton. Proper dyno run, and ECU mapped - no power commander.
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Well rode about 100 miles today and the difference is quite obvious. The "pinking" sound hasn't quite gone away, but it's better. It's been doing this since I bought the bike with 7k on the clock, new cylinder heads under warranty made no difference,  and the bike now has over 35k on it. Anyway the money was well spent, I reckon probably 135 - 140 hp at the crank, who needs a 1250 - not me. Crack open the throttle at low revs and pulls so much better, much easierto get it to rev to the red line, I'm probably in a gear higher than previously. Well most of the time. It's made keeping up with my KTM 1290 buddies a damn sight easier.
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Did they remap the bike in every mode too? also what headers are you using?
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

well it was in Dyna mode, I've no idea if the remap works on other modes, but I thought they just affected throttle response?
Headers are blackwidowexhausts.co.uk - great pipes, but you need to trim them to fit an akra, and they do tarnish quite quickly so clean them regular or get them ceramic coated (or whatever)
HTH
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Normally each mode has its own map although interestingly a 2014 gs I saw had the same air to fuel ratio in each mode at wide open throttle and made the same power in all modes at wide open throttle

I was looking at black widow pipes too
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

black widow are nicely made, I've just bought a set for my other bike, straight to the ceramic coaters for them....don't forget a healtech servo eliminator as well if you go down that route. sorry if that's teaching granny to suck eggs.
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Got Arrow decat headers on mine,quality pipes.
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Old-Git wrote: don't forget a healtech servo eliminator as well if you go down that route. sorry if that's teaching granny to suck eggs.

Yeah too late for that I installed one last week  8)

I have only had the bike since June and was starting to have issues so removed the motor and cables  :D