French clean air certificate (Crit'Air)

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
iJimbo
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT LE 2021
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Re: French clean air certificate (Crit'Air)

Post by iJimbo »

More info - having just purchased the bike I've been waiting for the full V5C to arrive - and would you believe it the Euro category is on the thing, along with the CO2 g/km.

My 1250RT LE from 30 Sep 2021 is EURO5 and does 110 g/km for CO2.

So then I went to the Crit Air page to apply and noticed the option for vehicles not registered in France. Followed it through and put those values in, only to see some error message which was indicating it did not compute. In the end I had to say it was Euro4 so I could get a sticker. Riding without a sticker is a hefty fine in the Crit Air zone of Paris. I had to upload a scan of the V5C as part of the process. I used the feedback form to tell them of the problem.

A few hours later I got a confirmation that the sticker info was accepted so I'll soon be the joyful owner of a Crit Air sticker. Whoop.
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 240 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

The latest list of where these things apply in France:

In Paris and Greater Paris, the ban on Crit'Air 3 cars will apply from 1 January 2025 at the latest (in addition to Crit'Air 4, 5 and non-classified vehicles already subject to restrictions).

In Lyon, Crit'Air 5 and non-classified private vehicles are now affected by the traffic restrictions. Crit'Air 4, 3 and 2 vehicles will be progressively restricted in 2024, 2025 and 2028.

In Marseille, Crit'Air 4 cars will be banned from 1 January 2024. Crit'Air 3 vehicles will no longer be allowed to circulate within the ZFE perimeter after 1 January 2025.

In Strasbourg, Crit'Air 5 and non-classified vehicles will be banned from driving within the ZFE-m perimeter. The traffic restrictions will apply from 1 January 2024 for Crit'Air 4 vehicles and from 1 January 2025 for Crit'Air 3 vehicles.

In Rouen, all vehicles displaying a Crit'Air 4, 5 or non-classified sticker have been banned from 1 September 2022. Tolerance is granted to motorised two-wheelers, tricycles and quadricycles until 31 August 2023. The ban is due to apply to Crit'Air 3 cars from 1 January 2025.
In addition, additional traffic restrictions may apply during pollution peaks.
Traffic restrictions will only apply in urban areas where pollutant thresholds are exceeded. The following cities, known as "vigilance territories", are therefore no longer subject to these new restrictions (Crit'Air 3).

In Toulouse, all Crit'Air 4, 5 and non-classified vehicles have been affected by the traffic restrictions since 1 January 2023. Crit'Air 3 cars will be able to continue driving after 2024.

-In Nice, Crit'Air 5 and non-classified passenger cars have been affected by the restrictions since 1 January 2023. However, Crit'Air 4 and Crit'Air 3 vehicles will be able to continue driving.

-In Montpellier, Crit'Air 5 and non-classified vehicles have been banned from 1 January 2023. However, Crit'Air 4 and Crit'Air 3 vehicles will not be subject to these restrictions.

-In Grenoble, Crit'Air vehicles have been banned from driving in the Low Emission Zone since 7 July 2023. These restrictions will apply from 1 January 2024 for Crit'Air 4 cars and from 1 January 2025 for Crit'Air 4 cars, and are limited to certain hours (Monday to Friday, 7am to 7pm).

-In Reims, the ban applies to Crit'Air 4 and 5 vehicles from 1 January 2023. The restrictions do not apply to Crit'Air 3 vehicles.
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 194 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Nice update Steve,very handy info. Just to add a bit of confusion into the mix,if(like me)you have a disabled parking permit(blue badge)some of these restrictions don't apply.I only know this because when I applied for the Crit'air for my T4(comes in at 4)I went onto the disability section and found the information. Not quite sure how you'd work it on a bike but there you have it.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

All this looking for a euro standard is a load of rubbish.Go through application,leave the CO2 blank.When you upload your vehicle document and necessary logbook information they will apply the correct category. I have just done my RT and Sprinter.

My 16 plate R1200RT has been given 1
Sprinter 13 plate has been given 2

Very happy with both and its dead easy.

Cheers for the reminder Steve :thumb:
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I have a blue badge too, people dont exspect bikers to be disabled. I was told i can use it on my bike but leaving it out in plain sight is only asking for it to be nicked. On the grapevine blue badges are sell for anything up to a £1500 for a full year.
Ive travelled all around Europe for the last 40 years and never been asked to pay for parking the bike. I still carry it as i can get some discounts or even for free for entering places of interest.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

I wouldn't think of using it on display on the bike.Along with the Crit'air in a motor it gives you certain advantages,1 of them being allowed to drive into a restricted area to park(wise to check local rules beforehand)
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I used mine when i toured Europe and Russia on a Cossack combo. Even back then Russia respected the badge. The badge is not valid there.
After all the crap going on i highly recommend Russia for a bike tour.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Just over 2 weeks and the stickers have landed.No fuss,no trying to find the emmisions and the like.cople of photos,job done.
:thumb: