Denali cable route

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Denali cable route

Post by burridge01 »

In the process of fitting a set of under mirror Danali fog lights and can't work out where the cable from the lights feed through to the splitter cable. Surly it doesn't hang down and wrap under the fairing back up to the splitter cable(I hope I've explained that right)Really appreciate some info please.Thanks.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Re: Denali cable route

Post by Casbar »

Fitted mine a while ago. I bought one extender cable and ran the left one down under the fairing on the left and the right one down the right. I connected them to two lighting circuits on the cansmart, so I can have them switch off when I indicate so the spot doesn't wash out the indicator. So I also have used two splitter cables, but only one leg on each. You can only do this on a gen 2 cansmart, but think it works on a Hex ez can gen 1
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Re: Denali cable route

Post by burridge01 »

Thanks for the reply.
Fitted the tabs on the fairings earlier and amongst the instructions is a photo of a pair of foglights with the cable routed next to the mount,so will try that.I couldn't try before because i had both panels off repairing the tabs.