TFT and Nav instructions

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
Cruisincruzan
Been liked: 1 time
Virgin Islands (USA)

TFT and Nav instructions

Post by Cruisincruzan »

[size=15px]I got the TFT update and have 1200 mis so far without a single connection loss (dedicated iPhone X). My problem, I and 3 others I am riding with are using packtalk bold comms. We use the mesh comm system, which are essentially always on. I cannot hear any of the nav directions. I think the open comms are muting the instructions? Anyone using the PT Bold have this issue or how do you have comms and hear the nav instructions?[/size]
Ute’s Chauffeur
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Re: TFT and Nav instructions

Post by michaelc2710 »

Hi, have you got the spoken instructions icon on the tft turned on in the settings.

Also on each channel on the PT turn the volume up on the turning wheel, ie, turn it when someone is talking, again for the phone comms and again when you receive satnav prompt orked for me.

I did end up turning the spoken instructions off as got to annoying when talking in the pack or taking a call, the screen is big enough to be able to see the junction props anyway.
Hope that helps
Cruisincruzan
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by Cruisincruzan »

[size=15px]As follow up to my recent question. Due to the difficulty I’ve had getting everything to work I bought a dedicated iPhone shortly after getting the bike. It does not have a sim and I have never connected my regular phone to the bike or the Cardo. I only use the dedicated phone for Navigation and if I ever get that to work properly I may venture into listening to music. I did some testing today if I only have my headset on I can hear the Nav instructions fine. Once I turn on my wife’s Cardo the Nav instructions become so low I can no longer hear them effectively and the volume does not respond to volume adjustment either through the TFT or Cardo. I shut off her Cardo and I can hear the instructions fine again. Bike and phone are set to max volume. Hoping Cardo can help.[/size]
Ute’s Chauffeur
Cruisincruzan
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by Cruisincruzan »

Latest discovery, if I mute by pressing the Cardo roller wheel for 2 seconds it shuts off my intercom connections but I then hear the Nav instructions fine. Seems like a prioritization issue we’ll see if Cardo can talk me through a solution.
Ute’s Chauffeur
Blackrat
Great Britain

Post by Blackrat »

I use an interphone tour and when riding solo all is good. However, when in intercom mode I also lose spoken directions from the tft. I am also unable to use the fm radio built into the tour when it is connected to the bike. I just wonder if the BMW headsets are better suited, at a cost of course.....