Wunderlich Vario footpeg kit - poor installation instructions

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
bmwone

Wunderlich Vario footpeg kit - poor installation instructions

Post by bmwone »

Hello - forgive me if this is a repeat - I tried the search function but came up empty.

I just bought a set of Wunderlich vario rider adjustable footpegs. The installation instructions are complete crap. The problem lies with the springs on the brackets. When I try to reassemble the pegs, the stock spring won't engage the spot on the bike where it did on the stock setup - it seems to be too short by just a few mm. I watched the video, but it was not RT specific and simply tells you to "reinstall the springs"

Anyone else already solve this problem?
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Re: Wunderlich Vario footpeg kit - poor installation instructions

Post by burridge01 »

The springs are a pain in the arris,this is the video i followed(supplied by Steve)
[size=2px]https://youtu.be/vBvUB7VIy0A[/size]
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 218 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

burridge01 wrote: The springs are a pain in the arris,this is the video I followed(supplied by Steve)
https://youtu.be/vBvUB7VIy0A

I think these are different mate, being the vario adjustables... and yes, the springs were a complete PITA!
bmwone

Post by bmwone »

Yes - thanks, but I found this video already - the vario is a different setup.
bmwone

Post by bmwone »

bmwone wrote: Hello - forgive me if this is a repeat - I tried the search function but came up empty.

I just bought a set of Wunderlich vario rider adjustable footpegs. The installation instructions are complete crap. The problem lies with the springs on the brackets. When I try to reassemble the pegs, the stock spring won't engage the spot on the bike where it did on the stock setup - it seems to be too short by just a few mm. I watched the video, but it was not RT specific and simply tells you to "reinstall the springs"

Anyone else already solve this problem?

I solved the problem by inserting the original pivot pin in the assembly, and left the pivot bushing out of the middle of the bottom of the spring initially. I then used a pair of channel locks to squeeze the spring towards the centerline, and when it was there, slipped the bushing into place and put on the circlip. Worked perfectly.

Time will tell if the complexity and expense of the vario system is worth the price.