NW Spain

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
Old-Git

NW Spain

Post by Old-Git »

Just back from 4 nights in Potes, to do the Picos, and 5 nights in Leon, to explore Asturias. Preffered the latter TBH. Just a few pics cos don't want to clog up the server. If anyone wants road recommendations let me know.
Attachments
bmw picos.jpg
bmw asturias 2.jpg
bmw asturias.jpg
Old-Git

Re: NW Spain

Post by Old-Git »

well it turns out this was my last tour on the bike. I really struggled with it's weight, getting old and fighting a debiltating illness, so I have traded it for something 50 kilos lighter.
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 218 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

That’s a shame O.G., but it comes to us all. Looks a great trip, and a good one to finish on 👍
What bike have you moved on to?
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

That is a shame OG

Hope the new bike helps with the situation though and you keep riding
scunny12
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: 1200RT LE 2015
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 31 times
Great Britain

Post by scunny12 »

Old-Git wrote: well it turns out this was my last tour on the bike. I really struggled with it's weight, getting old and fighting a debiltating illness, so I have traded it for something 50 kilos lighter.
Interesting, so what did you buy as replacement?
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

I have a KTM 1290 Super Adventure S on it's way to me. Chain drive, but it's a twin, and crucially 50 kilos lighter. I have a few bits to take off the RT, some for sale, some to give away, I'll list them in the next few days before disappearing into the ether. Cheers, Nick
Levisp

Post by Levisp »

Old-Git wrote: I have a KTM 1290 Super Adventure S on it's way to me. Chain drive, but it's a twin, and crucially 50 kilos lighter. I have a few bits to take off the RT, some for sale, some to give away, I'll list them in the next few days before disappearing into the ether. Cheers, Nick

Thats one quick bike its going to blow your mind compared to the RT. I bought it's smaller brother the 890 Adventure done 5000 miles on Norfolk back roads and love it apart from the seat. Austrians must have hard bums. Enjoy your new bike it is a very different animal. Turn on the ignition and the dash displays " Ready to Race " sums up KTM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0_bIcgG4
Last edited by Levisp on Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

Great photos sad to hear you are going to stop touring , however i may be joining you in the search for a lighter machine the old RT is bloody heavy to haul around now , anyway all the best my friend keep us informed .
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

Old-Git wrote: I have a KTM 1290 Super Adventure S on it's way to me. Chain drive, but it's a twin, and crucially 50 kilos lighter. I have a few bits to take off the RT, some for sale, some to give away, I'll list them in the next few days before disappearing into the ether. Cheers, Nick

Do you still get a free puppy to keep you company when they break down with KTM's ?  :whistle:  Only joking! I love the 1290 SAS!! and it's probably the only bike I'd downgrade to from the GS (joking again)  Best wishes with it, great bike  8)
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
Old-Git

Post by Old-Git »

Hammo - not finished touring, will keep going for as long as my health allows.
Simbo - yes I'm slightly bricking it re reliability, I have 2 friends with 21 reg SASs and they have both proved unreliable, one suffered catastrophic electrics failure (twice) leading to rejection of the bike.