Arek
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Cool Seat Cover

Post by Arek »

Hello everyone.
Maybe someone use it or used before.
Due to recent a bit hotter days ;D and incoming holiday trip I was thinking about buying the Cool Seat Cover - either from Nippy (they have Wunderlich) or from Cool Covers UK. Whatever will be better.

I'm not really looking for increase comfort when I'm sitting. I'm perfectly fine with Sargent seat. I'm looking for a bit more airflow under 8)

And the question is, is it worth to buy it? Or that's only sales pitch?
Also as I have lowered Sargent I'm not sure if the Wunderlich from NippyNormans will fit properly. Cool Covers UK they have dedicated for Sargent, but I did not yet dig deep enough to explore that option.

I'll appreciate all info.
Thanks
MikeS
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 49 times
Great Britain

Re: Cool Seat Cover

Post by MikeS »

Don't know if you've seen this:

Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 904 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Same here. I just bought a cheap eBay mesh cover. It's been on 3 bikes so far. One warning if you leave it on in the cold weather I've noticed my meat and two veg get cold very quickly :sueno: . Think i paid £3.99 for mine.
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 232 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

After a trip to France during this recent hot spell I bought and fitted a Cool Seat on my 2018. Having now used it for a couple of months there are as always pros and cons -

Pros:
I have found it cooler, which was of course the reason for purchase.
It’s comfortable-ish on the Sargent seat but alters the feel somehow, but not necessarily in a bad way. May be just something you need to get used to.
Saves you getting a wet bum when it’s been raining.
Looks pretty smart I think.

Cons:
Raises the height a little, not much, but it’s noticeable.
There is an area of minor discomfort at the inside top of my thighs where the saddle bellies-out.
The fit could be better.

Hope it helps…
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Got a set a few years ago. Couldn't get on with them and didn't find them any cooler. But do use the pillion one when my wife comes along, saves her scuffing the seat when she gets on :)
DLS
United States of America

Post by DLS »

Got one for my 2021 R1250RT.
Works as advertised, but I will remove it once cooler weather is here.
Went over a few high mountain passes, turned on the heated seat, set it on high, felt nothing with the cover on.
Arek
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

Thanks a lot for all your comments. E-bay/ Aliexpress was indeed great budget option, but the timing for delivery was out of my scope I'm afraid. I'm starting today my holiday trip to Sweden, so wanted that for the journey.

I did looked at Nippy Normans ones, but I found another UK based company https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/ which had them as well. Slightly cheaper. As they had like 3 different rider seat versions of the cover but that one I have I decided to write to them.
Basically they have Standard, lowered and Sargent. But I have Sargent lower seat, so none of the above description really matched my seat.
After brief and quick conversation over email, sending pictures they asked me for a quick call. So I give a shot and called them. The customer service from that company I can say is fantastic. As they wasn't sure which one will fit my bike, they sent me next day delivery all 3 to check (I just pay for only one). The one which fit most I'll keep and rest will send back.
Yes the price is not near Aliexpress. But the customer service and is really great. If anyone will think about buy the covers I definitely can recommend them https://www.coolcovers.co.uk/
hammo
Bike Model and Year: 2019 1250rtle
Been liked: 20 times
Great Britain

Post by hammo »

I have the same one in the photo purchased from Nippy Normans on my 2019 RTLE and it does keep your undercarriage a lot cooler , easy to remove as well and throw in the luggage compartment !!!!!
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

In very hot weather. Take the valve out Fill it with a little cold water and put it in the fridge overnight. Cool nuts all around. :oops:
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Cool covers do not have a valve, they are a honey comb affair that straps to the seats. Think also you will find Cool Covers UK are the original manufacturer and the others either use their covers and rebrand or copy.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

I was getting mixed up between my mesh cover and my air seat. Once made and often copied.
You may find the mesh covers were made in China first for the big names and then as usual the China manufacturers sell it for themselves
Casbar
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

I have met the chap who set up cool covers UK. He designed them and makes them. He sells to other companies, not sure if he now gets them made in China or not.