UK based accessory suppliers?

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: UK based accessory suppliers?

Post by Doctor T »

Shoei, AGV, and Arai will not cover their warranty if purchased in your home country. I;E If bought outside the UK say in France they will not warrant your helmet. Stupid really as you're buying the same helmet with the same standards.
Helmets are classed as an item that comes under PPE(No VAT) but you are still liable for import duties.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

I would always buy helmets from a shop where you can try them on and make sure they fit
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Am a bit naughty. I search around for the best price and before i buy i go to a shop to try it on. Then buy over the net if it's cheaper.
My last helmet was £10 cheaper online but this time the shop started to price matched.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

sakm wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:03 pm I would always buy helmets from a shop where you can try them on and make sure they fit
Is the correct answer,,,,I'm different size in different makes so always get my head protected professionally at Helmet City Tatsfield.Always get a good deal of them,have never paid the tag price and never a problem with returns,great shop that's worth the hours ride :thumb:
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

burridge01 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:16 pm Is the correct answer,,,,I'm different size in different makes so always get my head protected professionally at Helmet City Tatsfield.Always get a good deal of them,have never paid the tag price and never a problem with returns,great shop that's worth the hours ride :thumb:
Unfortunately I am a size Arai :lol:

As is the wife :roll:

It gets expensive does helmet shopping :?

Talking of which we have both just got these
arai_quantic_-_dark_citizen_1_1.jpg
arai_quantic_-_dark_citizen_1_1.jpg (186.37 KiB) Viewed 314 times
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (44.62 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Glad my wife does ride anymore.Gets expensive when there are two of you.
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

You ain't kidding.The missis needs a new lid and it'll be a Neotec2 from Helmet City,that's going to be painfull :?
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

och :o
sakm
Administrator
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

burridge01 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:38 pm You ain't kidding.The missis needs a new lid and it'll be a Neotec2 from Helmet City,that's going to be painfull :?
I have just got a new helmet for myself £550
One for the wife £450
New leathers and gloves for me and base layers too £500

The way I see it is our last helmets lasted 7 years so £142 a year for both and my leathers lasted over 10 years which is about £40 a year

Its a small price to pay

Plus the sale of my old bike paid for it :lol: otherwise I think it would have just been new helmets when we could afford them

Its an expensive hobby thats for sure
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 261 times
Been liked: 218 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Glenn wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:29 am When buying from https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/ their prices include customs & duty charges
Has anyone on the forum bought from this company, and are there any further charges to pay I.e. handling charges from Royal Mail etc.?

I’m looking at a pair of Rukka ThermoG+Gore-Tex gloves, which are £131.70 from Louis-moto and £189.99 from Infinity. -
1265C35E-88E1-434C-8254-EC383703DE85.jpeg
1265C35E-88E1-434C-8254-EC383703DE85.jpeg (476.45 KiB) Viewed 281 times
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Steve,this is a headliner pasted from there site

Attention!
Our Service: We pay the VAT and pay or refund any applicable customs charges on your order.
So you can be sure there’ll be no unwelcome surprises. Simply place your order and enjoy!

So what you see is what you pay :thumb:
burridge01
Great Britain

Post by burridge01 »

Just to muddy the waters,lifted from there site.

VAT REIMBURSEMENT
In countries outside the EU, we deliver your mail orders free of VAT. This does not apply to Switzerland. As a citizen of a non-EU country shopping at a Louis store, the price you pay at the checkout includes German VAT. Read here about how to get the VAT refunded in this case.

Global blue tax free
Conditions for payment of a refund
VAT reimbursement is generally only available for citizens of non-EU countries..

Goods that serve as equipment for or for the maintenance of a private means of transport (e.g. motorcycles, passenger vehicles, station wagons, pleasure crafts, yachts, planes) are excluded from the tax exemption. The affected goods include both motor vehicle parts that are fixed onto the vehicle (e.g. racks, casing parts, replacement parts, crash pads, etc.) and also movable parts used to equip the vehicle e.g. tow-ropes, spare tyres, first-aid box. Goods for the maintenance of a vehicle (e.g. battery acid, cleaner etc.) are also not subject to the tax exemption applicable to exports for non-commercial transport.

Reimbursement by Global Blue
You may declare your purchase using the Tax Free forms at any outlet. The forms allow you to claim the VAT paid less a service fee charged by Global Blue. This is also possible at any Refund Office (at airports and border crossing posts) up until three years after your purchase. You will find the locations of the offices and further information here:

http://www.global-blue.com/

Please note – the export must have been effected within four weeks of purchase.

The advantage being that after crossing the border you will not need to go back to the outlet in order to reclaim the VAT amount as the reimbursement of the VAT occurs immediately. Advance payouts cannot be obtained at our outlets.

Exception for NATO employees
NATO members may have their VAT reimbursed directly at an outlet on provision of a completed VAT form for the German VAT-exempted goods and a VAT form signed by their office.

Dare say its confusing :mrgreen:
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Funny they have a London area phone number but no branches in the UK. I've never heard of them
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 83 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

I've bought a screen from them, delivered in approx 9 days, no customs charges added on arrival into the UK.