R1250RT TFT Navigation - Optimizing Map Startup Time

Having problems with the BMW Navigator V VI or the TFT display?
sxc
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
United States of America

R1250RT TFT Navigation - Optimizing Map Startup Time

Post by sxc »

This topic should be smart-phone agnostic for sequence steps necessary to launch navigation mapping more efficiently...this is a struggle for time when traveling and making a quick stop.

Observation...the bike's WiFi will not launch until one scrolls deep in navigation menu to invoke map setup...this can't happen until the navigation system acknowledges the Bluetooth connection and selected route.

Stupid Question.

Can this map launch step be assigned to a programmable push-button?
sxc
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
United States of America

Re: R1250RT TFT Navigation - Optimizing Map Startup Time

Post by sxc »

Answer is no,but leaving the bike alive and stopping motor seems like best solution wondering however what battery demand is to date it withstands easily 10-minute stops... Navigation button when programmed in favorites works very nice for quick selection on the run...
michaelc2710
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Great Britain

Post by michaelc2710 »

On my RT button 4 is pre programmed for map mode but I did find providing the connected App permission over all apps when in use on my Samsung did and does help a quick connection.
It sometimes takes a little longer after the bike has been shut down for a while but petrol stops or quick coffee break it turns back on instantly. I never close the connected App until I'm home or stopping for the night, that way any pictures taken also link to the route and it shows where the picture was taken.
It also works the same on my XR but without the button present

Hope it helps.
KrisD
Bike Model and Year: 1250RT LE 20023
Great Britain

Post by KrisD »

Is there anyway to have the Wi-Fi auto join? My iPhone asks me every single time if it wants to join the TFT wireless, if it auto joined like my phone does my wireless at home it would make way more sense.