forcefield pro jacket

Got any questions on clothing? Want to write a review to help others in choosing the right gear?
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

forcefield pro jacket

Post by Doctor T »

Having owned this jacket for a few years i thought i would do a short review of the garment.
The fitment of the jacket is more like a second skin garment to be worn on its own or to be used as an undershirt. It is quite close fitting like a compression shirt. So like me, it will hold your beer belly in slightly. Being close fitting the amour does not move around and is held securely in place. The back protector is rated CE2 whilst the elbows and shoulders are CE1.
In the summer i just wear a Tee shirt over it and in the winter i wear it under waterproofs as a base layer. Remove your over jackets amour as the Pro jacket fitting will keep the amour better in place. When the weather is even too hot to wear a Tee shirt over the top, I've used the Pro jacket on its own as it is made from a lightweight mesh. OK not a pretty sight with my Dad bod but i don't care, i would rather stay cool than sweat my nuts off. There is a full length zip operating making it easy to put on. Not use how long the mesh material will last in a slide and i don't intend to test it. A quick wash at 40 and the jacket comes up like new. As i said ive used this for a few years and haven't found any loose threads and they seem to be well stitched together. The zip is still smooth to use as of day one.
I bought mine in a closing down sale for £45GBP but can still be found for sale for £122GBP.
Here is a couple of pictures courtesy of Google images.
forcefield-pro-jacket-04-rotated.jpg
forcefield-pro-jacket-04-rotated.jpg (107.13 KiB) Viewed 464 times
forcefield-pro-jacket-03-rotated.jpg
forcefield-pro-jacket-03-rotated.jpg (104.47 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.