Ride to Russell Day-Long Saddle Shop

Been on a trip and want to tell the world about it? Use this section to report on ride outs, tours and decent routes you have been on remember we love pictures.
sxc
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
United States of America

Ride to Russell Day-Long Saddle Shop

Post by sxc »

From PDX to Shasta Lake ~420 miles so just under 900 miles round trip...bike now has a little over 2k miles on the clock...does not burn any oil which speaks to successful break-in.

Cannot thank Jay at Russell Day-Long Saddles and his team enough for the stellar service and quality product...

The ride was aggressive, Interstate-5 the full way and no rain encountered during ride but had to arrive (1) day early and left (1) day late in effort to dodge snow over the Siskiyou mountain pass.

Bike ran flawless...loaded 2-up ~108% gross limit, it felt best in 5th gear @ 4600 rpm cruising speed on any incline and generally a bit faster in 6th on flat and downhill running. Gasoline quality varied Oregon better than Cali suspect all of it had ethanol...

This RT is an impressive travel tool..my only complaint is that bike Bluetooth radio connection to Schuberth helmets is not possible when helmets are paired for intercom.

:thumb:
burridge01
Bike Model and Year: Modified "16" R1200RT
Been liked: 192 times
Great Britain

Re: Ride to Russell Day-Long Saddle Shop

Post by burridge01 »

That looks a super comfortable seat and that's some step up between rider and pillion.
sxc
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
United States of America

Post by sxc »

burridge01 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:26 am That looks a super comfortable seat and that's some step up between rider and pillion.
The pillion seat indeed sits proud for several reasons. Seat wing width to address pressure points on butt, seat wing clearance w/ grab-rail and foot-peg rise to address wifey's leg numb. Function over form on this one.
theMissingLink
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Been liked: 4 times
United States of America

Post by theMissingLink »

My previous aftermarket seats have all been Corbin's. Heard a lot of great feedback on the Russell seats as well.

From looking at your picture, do you notice the seating position tilted rearward slightly? Wondering if that was by design and if so, do you notice any pressure points created by the front of the seat?

Thanks in advance!
Randyjaco
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 37 times
United States of America

Post by Randyjaco »

I love my RDL, but it would have been a much longer ride, so I had to use the Post Office. :o