best blue tooth replacement

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Flyboy01
Bike Model and Year: 2013 r1200rt
United States of America

best blue tooth replacement

Post by Flyboy01 »

I recently purchased a 2013 BMW R1200RT. It is equipped for bluetooth. Presently I don't have any bluetooth headsets. I want to set up my system to integrate the helmets with the bike to recover all the functionality of the original. I saw some discussion about Autocom with a Bluetooth dongle, but am not sure how it all works.Can someone give me some suggestions on 1. Bluetooth headsets, and 2. What is required to integrate into the audio system (intercom, radio, iPhone etc) Thanks
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: best blue tooth replacement

Post by David. »

Flyboy01 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:59 pmI saw some discussion about Autocom with a Bluetooth dongle, but am not sure how it all works.
Are you looking to use a wired Autocom system with their headsets or go totally wireless with Bluetooth headsets etc.
Flyboy01
United States of America

Post by Flyboy01 »

go totally wireless preferably
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Flyboy01 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:02 pmGo totally wireless preferably.
Sorry, can't help you too much with that, I'm still using a wired Autocom system. I don't really do technology, although, have used the Autocom BT module.

As and when I do need to go down the Bluetooth only route, I may look at a Shoei Neotec II helmet with Sena SRL 2 installed.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Sorry I don't know much about the bluetooth on your bike and what its capable of

But I use the Cardo packtalk bold and it works really well for my needs
Flyboy01
United States of America

Post by Flyboy01 »

Thanks for the advice. There are a plethora of bluetooth systems out there, trying to figure out which headset will do the job.
Vincentrapide
Great Britain

Post by Vincentrapide »

David. wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:14 pm Sorry, can't help you too much with that, I'm still using a wired Autocom system. I don't really do technology, although, have used the Autocom BT module.

As and when I do need to go down the Bluetooth only route, I may look at a Shoei Neotec II helmet with Sena SRL 2 installed.
Interesting to see an ongoing Autocom user. I used them for years with excellent results. As I no longer have a passenger I use a basic Bluetooth headset from Ultimate Ear. It’s excellent.
I had formed the impression the Autocom had ceased trading.
Cheers