What brand/model are these driving/fog lights?

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
SD1
Bike Model and Year: 2009 BMW R1200RT-P
Been liked: 13 times
United States of America

What brand/model are these driving/fog lights?

Post by SD1 »

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!

-Doug
Last edited by SD1 on Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 900 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Re: What brand/model are these driving/fog lights?

Post by Doctor T »

Need a closer shoot and a side view would help
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
SD1
United States of America

Post by SD1 »

Looks like the clamp attaches to the top bolt of the caliper attachment point. Guessing the kit comes with a longer screw?

I see lots of options on Ebay, but betting its cheap Chinese stuff. These were fitted by the law enforcement agency before I bought it. I have since sold this bike but picking up another one tomorrow and want to add these lights if possible.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 900 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Seen them before but i can't remember who makes them. One thing i am sure of is they are made in the USA.
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 333 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

Looking at the lens ring, shape of the bulb holder, caliper mount and law enforcement, how about these from Motolight.

https://motolight.com/motolight-auxilia ... ine-store/

SD1
United States of America

Post by SD1 »

@David that is spot on. $600 US seems a bit steep though? Maybe the cheapies on ebay not so bad? But, truth be told, I don't see any sets that look like an OEM setup. Guess I have to pay the BMW tax. :-D
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 230 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

There was a set of Clearwater lights on UKGSERS a while back at a silly price for what they are, but if you’re not a paid-up member you’ll have to cough up £15 to get full membership.
SD1
United States of America

Post by SD1 »

Thanks @Steve398 , I am stateside, not sure if joining and coughing up a few extra $'s for shipping it would be worth it, BUT, I would def buy a used set. Any chance you are a member and could verify they are still avail?

Someone messaged me from another forum saying they are possibly PIAA's they look very similar, also very pricey. I would get it if they were fancy LED's but they are just basic halogen/filament lights, which is fine just seems a bit high for a couple of running lights.

I would like them to match the headlamp beam or if not the yellow fogs would be ok. Admittedly, they just look like they are supposed to be there on the RT-P I don't ride at night all that much, although occasionally in the rain.
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 230 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

SD1 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:20 pm Thanks @Steve398 , I am stateside, not sure if joining and coughing up a few extra $'s for shipping it would be worth it, BUT, I would def buy a used set. Any chance you are a member and could verify they are still avail?

Someone messaged me from another forum saying they are possibly PIAA's they look very similar, also very pricey. I would get it if they were fancy LED's but they are just basic halogen/filament lights, which is fine just seems a bit high for a couple of running lights.

I would like them to match the headlamp beam or if not the yellow fogs would be ok. Admittedly, they just look like they are supposed to be there on the RT-P I don't ride at night all that much, although occasionally in the rain.
Ahhh… that’ll teach me to open my eyes before opening my mouth! At least the Clearwater lights are a damn site cheaper Stateside than over here where we get hit for postage/VAT/ Custom charges. Incredible lights, and fortunately I got mine 2nd hand. The yellow filters are removable but for daytime use really make you stand out from the other traffic.

Unfortunately I’m no longer a subscriber to the GS forum, but best of luck with your search 👍
SD1
United States of America

Post by SD1 »

@Steve398 no worries, appreciate the comments. Love the VFR in your sig!! That was a very cool bike in the day that seemed to get mostly ignored here in the US. Very few of them floating around.