BMW Motorrad Battery Charger Query

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
tasmanuk
Bike Model and Year: 2022 R1250RT
Great Britain

BMW Motorrad Battery Charger Query

Post by tasmanuk »

Hello. I recently purchased the official BMW battery charger to use with my 2022 R1250RT. I plugged it into the socket and it charged the battery back to 100%. However my understanding of the charger is that once it has got to that stage it then goes into battery maintenance mode and maintains the charge. However mine doesn't seem to want to do that. It just stays on full charge as per the photo. I have left it like this for over 1 hours and nothing has changed. Am I doing something wrong?
Attachments
IMG_2833.jpeg
IMG_2833.jpeg (617.85 KiB) Viewed 450 times
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: BMW Motorrad Battery Charger Query

Post by David. »

Found these instructions, https://manuals.bmw-motorrad.com/manual ... lus_01.pdf

"The Plus battery charger switches automatically to float charging as soon as the battery is fully charged.

When the battery is fully charged, Charging Complete Battery mainten. appears in the display.

If the battery never fully recharges, this is often due to products that are not genuine BMW Motorrad accessories (such as a satnav device, for example) being installed on the motorcycle and drawing a significant standby current even when switched off. If the battery cannot be charged to the full 100 % the charger does not switch to sleep mode for battery float charging. Switch off consumers or remove the battery and charge it while removed from the vehicle."