Sena vs. Cardo

General discussion of the BMW R1200RT/R1250RT
Rotordude
Bike Model and Year: 2016 BMW RT1200
Been liked: 1 time
Sweden

Sena vs. Cardo

Post by Rotordude »

I have an old Sena 20s that has served me well but it’s time to upgrade. Between Sena and Cardo, what model works the best.
I need a unit with good sound quality and able to easy communicate with other riders. Appreciate the help.
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Re: Sena vs. Cardo

Post by sakm »

The real question is what are the other riders using?
Rotordude
Bike Model and Year: 2016 BMW RT1200
Been liked: 1 time
Sweden

Post by Rotordude »

Good question. It’s all mixed. Can Sena Mesh system work with a Cardo? Seems like most of them use Sena mesh.
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Fortnine did a good review on Card and Senna. He explains the pros and cons of the systems
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 83 times
Great Britain

Post by Glenn »

A Fodsports M1-S Pro & Plus will connect to both Sena and Cardo
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Post by sakm »

Rotordude wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:37 pm Good question. It’s all mixed. Can Sena Mesh system work with a Cardo? Seems like most of them use Sena mesh.
No I don't believe it can and the same the other way too! You would have to connect via Bluetooth

I have the packtalk bold and rate it highly but pointless if its going to be a faf connecting with other headsets
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

emlevy
Bike Model and Year: 2015 R1200RT
Been liked: 2 times
United States of America

Post by emlevy »

I’ve used a Sena 20S EVO for several years and have been quite happy with it, mostly for music and phone calls. I recently purchased a Schuberth C5 with the built-in Sena unit, which is basically a Sena 50S with mesh. The sound quality is excellent — better than my 20S — but I find the buttons to be totally confusing and difficult to use. And it won’t pair with my Sena handlebar remote. For me, not recommended.
2015 R1200RT | 2012 R1200R Classic
jclaudej
Bike Model and Year: 1250 RT 2019
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 14 times
France

Post by jclaudej »

Hi,

I don't speak about model but only about the service after sale beetwen Sena an Cardo.
Cardo => after de waranty nothing or you can buy an other product
Sena => Always support during and after teh waranty for example when my Sena battery was tired (5 years) the Sena support give me all information for find a battery compatible and lowcost.
For that my best brand is SENA

Of course is my point of view
Arek
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

Pure sound quality for music, I say totally subjective Cardo with JBL speakers. Had Interphone and Sena before, for music Cardo win. For intercom communication I can't decide Sena or Cardo. I think Cardo have much better noise cancelling system.
If you just ride alone, or like me with my wife. Choose whatever is best for you.
If you often ride with group of friends, then you have to decide, seamless pairing with mesh in one of the system, or thing you like most :-)
I choosen 2nd ;-) Bought Cardo Bold for myself and my wife. And then over time our group of friends exchanged their comms to Cardo too :lol: But we did not forced them to do that at all.
Afterall, you can call via mobile phone the other rider from group if you have to.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

Arek wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:00 pm Pure sound quality for music, I say totally subjective Cardo with JBL speakers. Had Interphone and Sena before, for music Cardo win. For intercom communication I can't decide Sena or Cardo. I think Cardo have much better noise cancelling system.
If you just ride alone, or like me with my wife. Choose whatever is best for you.
If you often ride with group of friends, then you have to decide, seamless pairing with mesh in one of the system, or thing you like most :-)
I choosen 2nd ;-) Bought Cardo Bold for myself and my wife. And then over time our group of friends exchanged their comms to Cardo too :lol: But we did not forced them to do that at all.
Afterall, you can call via mobile phone the other rider from group if you have to.
I have a Cardo Talkpak with the JBL speakers and can tell you apart from the standard speakers they are brilliant. The sound quality is well worth the upgrade. I don't ride in groups but i have never had a dropped call and the voice commands make it much easier on the road.Most of the time people ive called didnt know i was talking and riding. They all said it was clear and could not hear any wind or traffic noise. The best thing you dont get the effect when you can hear yourself a split second after you have spoken.
I used a Cardo that was made to fit a Shoei helmet. Worse purchase i ever made. The quality was there but i had problems with the unit buttons that were fitted under the side of the helmet edge. Each time i moved my head to the left, it would call someone or switch off.

My first intercom was a cheap Chinesse unit.IRC i paid about £15. Very basic but worked well over 5 years untill the battery stopped taking any charge.
My next comms was from Senna, this was about 10 years ago. I still have it somewhere. I was a step up from the £15 unit. The speaker were not as loud as the JBL speeker, anything over 60mph i couldnt hear anything and speak wasnt as clear or the noise caneling as good as the Cardo.
Arek
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Post by Arek »

Doctor T wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:50 pm I used a Cardo that was made to fit a Shoei helmet. Worse purchase i ever made.
I didn't know there is one really.
Shoei helmets are build for Sena specific sets.
Doctor T
Great Britain

Post by Doctor T »

My error should have said Senna :stupid: