BMW Newbie

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here.
MickyG
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2022
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

BMW Newbie

Post by MickyG »

Hi All

Checking in for the first time having been reading your site for a while now - great forum guys :-D . I've just traded my old Triumph Tiger 800XC in for a new ('ish) RT LE and wow what a difference. Although, to be fair, the Tiger was great for commuting and good in all weathers.
Unfortunately the weather and roads in the UK are so crap at the moment I've only had a couple of chances to take the RT out. However looking forward to some touring with the other half and have already booked up a trip to Europe later in the year.
I've got an early question which I haven't been able to find and answer to and that's the issue of finding a suitable lightweight rain cover for the bike. With the panniers and top box it's pretty difficult to find one that has sufficient width and height at the back to cover If anyone has any ideas I'd be very interested. :?:
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 878 times
Been liked: 230 times
Great Britain

Re: BMW Newbie

Post by Doctor T »

Welcome to our forum. Am sure someone will be along to help with your search for a waterproof cover
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
DaveB28
Bike Model and Year: R1250 RT 2019
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by DaveB28 »

Welcome to the group. I always take the Oxford Rainex Top Box Deluxe Rain & Dust Cover - Black / Grey £37 from sportsbikeshop. Fits the whole bike with ease
MickyG
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2022
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by MickyG »

Excellent. Thanks. I’ll try and get one.