Wouldn't start after a short run

Having Problems with your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT? or have some Maintenance and Service questions?
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 83 times
Great Britain

Wouldn't start after a short run

Post by Glenn »

I had a problem this morning, started the bike bike fine and rode 10 mile to meet up with my cousin, I got to the meet point early and switched off the engine. 5 minutes later he turned up and I tried to start the bike, it would turn over slowly 2 or 3 times and stop, I tried 6 or 7 times same result, waited 5 mins and tried again, no joy.

I logged a call with BMW assistance and waited, after 10 minutes I thought, "I bet it starts first time when they get here, so tried it again, started 1st time with a full crank. Rang up BMW to cancel the call out and went on my way. 20 minutes later I got a call from the roadside technician asking where I was, I did explain that I had phoned to cancel the callout. I had no further problems during the day.

Any ideas as to what could cause such an issue?

The bike is a 2018 R1250RT
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Re: Wouldn't start after a short run

Post by David. »

Glenn wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:32 pmAny ideas as to what could cause such an issue.
Have a look through this thread, viewtopic.php?t=6039&hilit=compression might be the automatic de-compressor not working correctly.
Glenn
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE 2018
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 83 times
Great Britain

Re: Wouldn't start after a short run

Post by Glenn »

Thanks David, I'll take look through