Intermittent Background Chime

Got any questions about the BMW's R1200RT/R1250RT's onboard audio, Bluetooth or the Electrical system?
Jggpossum
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Australia

Intermittent Background Chime

Post by Jggpossum »

Has anyone experienced a regular but intermittent background chime ("Dunk") through their headset? It is soft and only heard when music soft or between tracks.

I suspect it is an intended message that the phone wifi charging is starting or stopping. I tried removing the phone from the compartment and the chime went away - so far only ridden an hour with it in my pocket. My phone is an iphone 14 pro and the length is right on the limits of what the compartment can take so it may be that it is moving during riding?

Any others had similar experience with this?
:roll:
Movinman
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Re: Intermittent Background Chime

Post by Movinman »

I noticed the same with my iphone 14. It is indeed the charging kicking off and on. I resorted to usb charging in the cubby to resolve.
Jggpossum
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT 2023
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times
Australia

Re: Intermittent Background Chime

Post by Jggpossum »

I have confirmed that the chime is indeed the wireless charging kicking in and out. Removing the iphone case eliminated the issue but alas the wireless charging capacity is insufficient to keep the phone fully charged when streaming maps to the TFT. I too have resorted to a USB charging cable.