Peak District 25th June

Want to arrange a local meet or ride out with like minded people? Then please post about it in this section with all the details and dates.
k9doc
Bike Model and Year: 2013 TC 90th Anniversary Edition
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Great Britain

Peak District 25th June

Post by k9doc »

Carrying over from the 'Central' thread.

25th June appears to be the date.

Broadly speaking, if we get a consensus for the 25th, then the ride indicated in the previous thread is the option, due to the time constraints.

If there are two separate rides, then we have options. All suggestions welcome. Here are mine;

-this same ride with extra time spent at the Cardingshed and possibly extended from 80 miles starting and finishing at NMM

Edit; Cardingshed no longer on route. See later post.

-a longer ride into the White (South) Peak, starting and finishing in Castleton/Grindleford.
Last edited by k9doc on Sat May 13, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
simbo
Bike Model and Year: RT 2011
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 96 times
Great Britain

Re: Peak District 25th June

Post by simbo »

Count me in :thumb: although I did find it amusing hyjacking the other thread :lol:
The GS 'is' the better bike :-)
David.
Subscriber
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT (Camhead) 2012
Been liked: 332 times
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I would "consider" a circular Peak District ride on the 25th starting and finishing at the NCMM.
My reluctance is that the NCMM is 1 hr 20 min away from home and I'd likely be riding on my own.

A longer ride starting and finishing at Castleton/Grindleford would not be an option for me.

How about this for a suggestion, make the Peak District the destination for the 2024 RT annual meet. This may make is more inclusive for others.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

Put your brown spoon away and give us a clue into what you'd like to do :)

Apologies to all concerned if it looked like a hijack. to me, just a healthy exchange of views and suggestions.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I'd like to do the ride in lunchtime meet at the NCMM on 4th June at 1pm.

On the subject of kitchen utensils, pot and black kettle come to mind too, not to mention the Devil.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

David. wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:02 pm I would "consider" a circular Peak District ride on the 25th starting and finishing at the NCMM.
My reluctance is that the NCMM is 1 hr 20 min away from home and I'd likely be riding on my own.

A longer ride starting and finishing at Castleton/Grindleford would not be an option for me.

How about this for a suggestion, make the Peak District the destination for the 2024 RT annual meet. This may make is more inclusive for others.
Absolutely understand your reluctance to ride alone, not least for the safety aspects although the Wetherby meets involve 1hr 10 mins or so for me. Has advantages though in that you can only upset yourself.
Personally quite happy to do the NMM ride if it's more inclusive.

Not really qualified to comment on an annual RT meet, now being a Suzi man, but having said that, it would be a great area in which to hold it.
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

The RT meet is all inclusive, GS's attend and Markus used to have a Triumph. One year, we had a Kawasaki too, therefore, I'm sure Suzi would be welcome.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

David. wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:15 pm On the subject of kitchen utensils, pot and black kettle come to mind too, not to mention the Devil.
:shock: I've got feelings you know :cry:
David. wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:28 pm The RT meet is all inclusive, GS's attend and Markus used to have a Triumph, therefore, I'm sure Suzi would be welcome too.
Yes, but what about Suzi $h1t stirrer? I think you need to have a word with your mate Markus. Swopping a Triumph for a GS. :o :o :o
Chris
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

David. wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:15 pm I'd like to do the ride in lunchtime meet at the NCMM on 4th June at 1pm.
That's fine David, I hope it goes well and the weather is kind to you :thumb: Michael and myself will still be in Germany on that date, so we're unable to attend. The Sunday after we probably won't be going out due to have covered a couple of thousand miles on holiday, the week after is Fathers day so we'll most probably have other commitments. Hence the reason for suggesting the 25th. Chris mentioned an alternative ride which gave us the opportunity to be involved in a Monkey's meet 8-).. Failing a meet in June? I'm sure we'll knock something together in July :thumb: now, If you don't mind? stop hyjacking this thread :blah: That's my job :lol:
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

It's difficult enough trying to organise a NM meet once per month, then two come along. It would be a shame if we cannot all get together on the same date in June. With the RT meet in July, there is always August, September & October to look forward to.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

simbo wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:50 pm The Sunday after we probably won't be going out due to have covered a couple of thousand miles on holiday,
Light weight pansies! When I were a lad........that would be a weekend jolly then up for work at 4 o'clock Monday morning 8-)
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

I was thinking that SSS would be well placed to organise and lead a ride out around the Peak District for the 2024 RT meet.
k9doc
Great Britain

Post by k9doc »

David. wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:06 pm I was thinking that SSS would be well placed to organise and lead a ride out around the Peak District for the 2024 RT meet.
If SSS refers to Suzi......I'll be busy, when is it?
Chris
David.
Subscriber
Great Britain

Post by David. »

The RT meet is usually the second weekend in July, that would be 12th, 13th & 14th in 2024, with the day ride out being on Saturday 13th.
simbo
Great Britain

Post by simbo »

k9doc wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:04 pm Light weight pansies! When I were a lad........that would be a weekend jolly then up for work at 4 o'clock Monday morning 8-)
When you was a lad motorcyles were'nt invented! You used to go out on your Penny Farthings and camp in your mates back yard shoveling coal for your Grannies and playing with your Ferrets and Whippets. :lol: