Powerbronze screen for R1250RT

Looking for Aftermarket parts and Accessories for your BMW R1200RT/R1250RT or found something useful you want to share? Or just a general question?
jesim1
Bike Model and Year: R1250RTLE 2022
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 28 times
Great Britain

Powerbronze screen for R1250RT

Post by jesim1 »

Just fitted one of these, seen decent quality and fitted easily. It looked very similar to the original when holding them together with the original still in place, but once fitted you can see the PB one is a bit bigger all round, although I would still have liked it just a touch wider. It done a decent job of keeping the air off me, even if your a tall rider, and it's still easy t drop and see over if you wish. There was no pull forward suction, and it was a fairly quiet also.

All in all, it's a decent upgrade for touring, and defiantly worth the price as it's 7mm thick also, unlike some flimsy crap on the market.

ImageImage
sakm
Administrator
Bike Model and Year: 2016 R1200RT
Has liked: 436 times
Been liked: 388 times
Great Britain

Re: Powerbronze screen for R1250RT

Post by sakm »

is it much taller and wider than stock?
jesim1
Great Britain

Post by jesim1 »

sakm wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:19 pm is it much taller and wider than stock?
It's hard to tell when holding them together or even when mounted, but I'd reckon it's about 3/4 inch wider/taller right round, although it does not look it when you first see it, but it is definitely noticeable in a good way, i have no regrets buying it for £120 :)
jesim1
Great Britain

Post by jesim1 »

After having done a good few hundred miles with this, I have noticed a slight suck forward - not anything like that on the K1600s, which was very noticeable, but it seems to pull my hands onto the bars, that's where I notice it more. I may drill a few hols near the bottom and see if it makes a difference without going OTT. Still glad I bought it, I'm a tall rider and it's working very well for me. :cheers: