schuberth c3 pro Water leakage.

Going on a touring trip? please tell us all about it. Or do you have questions on touring feel free to ask away.
Gregp72
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

schuberth c3 pro Water leakage.

Post by Gregp72 »

Hi all anyone else had problems with schuberth c3 pro and heavy rain and the visor?? I’ve just rode from the Black Forest to Austria and had torrential rain most the time. When the rain was really heavy it would come down the inside of the visor making it impossible to see.
I also wear glasses so looking through the bike screen and the visor completely dripping wet made it a horrible ride.
Peter Baker
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 6 times
Great Britain

Re: schuberth c3 pro Water leakage.

Post by Peter Baker »

I had that on my C4 Pro recently. Turns out it needed a light "dusting" of silicone or something like Liqui Moly 7182 Rubber Care to allow the visor to easily slip over the seal rather than rub against it too hard and distort the shape. Two benefits, 1) visor clicks fully shut MUCH easier and 2) there is a better seal at the top reducing water ingress. Depending on the age of the helmet this might also impact how good the seal is? Hope that helps, Peter
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Yep, had a C3 Pro for around 5 years, always got sprayed in the face when it rained hard, took it back several times to the supplying dealer, who said there was nothing wrong. Got rid of it for a Shoei Neotec 2
Capt Sisko
Bike Model and Year: R1250RT LE - '18
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times
Great Britain

Post by Capt Sisko »

Casbar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:01 pm Yep, had a C3 Pro for around 5 years, always got sprayed in the face when it rained hard, took it back several times to the supplying dealer, who said there was nothing wrong. Got rid of it for a Shoei Neotec 2
Similar wet experience but with a BMW System 7 helmet, made worse by wearing glasses. Riding in the rain during the day was just about bearable, at night bloody dangerous. Also the same solution. Neotec 2's aren't perfect, but the visor seals are a darn sight better than anything BMW (i.e. a Schuberth) produced.
Gregp72
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Post by Gregp72 »

Casbar wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:01 pm Yep, had a C3 Pro for around 5 years, always got sprayed in the face when it rained hard, took it back several times to the supplying dealer, who said there was nothing wrong. Got rid of it for a Shoei Neotec 2
Has the Neotec 2 been ok?? Only just got the C3.
Casbar
Been liked: 45 times
Great Britain

Post by Casbar »

Yes, got 2 Neotec 2s, had them now probably 4 years, not an issue at all. I use one helmet for blood biking only, so that has had a lot more use than my other one, but I am very happy with them.