Saying "Hi" to the group

New to the forum? Please introduce yourself here.
gsinil
Bike Model and Year: '09 R1200RT
United States of America

Saying "Hi" to the group

Post by gsinil »

Longtime rider, initially vom Germany (Bavarian Alps) now living in the far northwestern Chicago burbs.
I own a '09 RT I bought last year with 94K mostly HW miles from the original owner, an older gentleman who babied it with all maintenance done by a BMW dealer.
Replaced the shocks with Tractive ones from BeemerShop since the old ones had never been overhauled. Not a beauty queen but technically in great shape, my only concern is the clutch, but so far no signs of wear that would indicate a need for replacement.
I also have a '05 R1200GS which I bought new but barely put miles on, just not the right bike for the flatlands without any twisties I live in.
The only reason I am keeping it is for rides with friends from Germany that visit occasionally; I definitely prefer the RT over the GS.

The next thing coming up is a ride with the RT to the Driftless Area in WI and then up to the UP in Michigan.
Will skim through the forum to get recommendations for routes, places to stay, etc.

Thanks for accepting me!
GS
Doctor T
Bike Model and Year: 2007 R1200RT SE
Has liked: 911 times
Been liked: 239 times
Great Britain

Re: Saying "Hi" to the group

Post by Doctor T »

Welcome to the group
Trust me I am a retired Doctor and lecturer at Oxford University of Structural and Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
Steve398
Bike Model and Year: R1200RTLC, 2018
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 240 times
Isle of Wight

Post by Steve398 »

Welcome aboard, there are a growing number of US members so hope you can get the information you wish.

I’ve also had the shocks replaced around 25,000 miles on my 2018 RT with Tractive units here in the UK, and I’m very happy with them.
Randyjaco
Bike Model and Year: R1200RT 2017
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 38 times
United States of America

Post by Randyjaco »

Welcome, GS
f2892704
Bike Model and Year: 2021 1250RT
United States of America